Egg Salad?

shoregurl
on 3/23/09 4:43 am - toms river, NJ
I saw a few of you post that you were trying egg salad. Do you mind telling me how you make it? Do you chop the egg real fine and use low fat mayo? I'm just looking for something other than cottage cheese and potatoes! Thanks!
 Shannon  

Hotshotlawyer2b
on 3/23/09 5:33 am
I break up the egg and put it in the food processor ( I have a mini food processer this might not work for a big one) then add a little light mayo, some garlic, and some pickle. It's delish. If you could cut up the egg small enough I'm sure it would be fine.
deebatt
on 3/23/09 11:18 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
mmm ive been thinking of trying egg salad but at this stage im not sure about the mayo.  I am on pureed foods but not any added fats so i might have to wait a few more weeks.
~ Denise 

JenJen13
on 3/26/09 5:33 am
Hi there.  I know you said you were tired of cottage cheese, but I found out that if you subsitute cottage cheese for the mayo in egg salad, you end up with a really good end result.  you can't tell that there's not mayo in it and it's packed with protein!  Give it a try...I promise, if you like egg salad, you'll like this recipe!  Add all of your normal spices and stuff... 

JenJen
Emily C.
on 3/28/09 1:49 am - Claremore, OK
Shannon, I mashed an egg up really fine with a fork added light miracle whip, shredded cheese, and onion powder. It was really good and easy on the tiny tummy.
emily

Melody L.
on 3/28/09 2:47 am - Keizer, OR
I can't have pureed foods for a few more days, but when I do I plan on having egg salad, I'm definitely going to try the cottage cheese idea, anything to add protein since I'm not getting nearly enough!  I'm willing to give it a try!  Thanks for the idea.
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1070 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1099 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 959 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1052 views