5 days post op

WAhunter
on 4/5/09 12:31 am - Yale, WA
VSG on 03/31/09 with
Wow i feel like i have been given a 2nd chance at life
i am dropping the weight PRAISE THE LORD
and have dropped 15 lbs ... 8 on liquid diet and 7 since surgery.
My family can already tell in my face.
I am walking... in fact 2 days after surgery I went on a hard core walk of 6  hours of shopping
in the cool town of San Antonio... what a blast....
I am so happy to be on the losers bench finally
Keep`n the Faith

Emily C.
on 4/5/09 12:34 am - Claremore, OK
Congratulations on your loss so far. Isn't it an amazing journey.
Good job on the walking. I walk every day and it has now become a family activity. I feel better than I have in a while.
Emily

Sneezy
on 4/6/09 2:09 am - Fayetteville, NC
I had the same surgery on the same day as you and love reading how good you are doing! I am looking forward to getting a drainage tube they had to put in me out tomorrow and then be able to do more without worrying about it. I have actually had people thinking I was crazy for having been out to kmart, walmart, military store, grocery store, etc. in the 4 full days I have been home. I felt up to it, didn't see any reason to sit at home and be bored with just walking around my road. I love reading of your shopping in San Antonio. I loved that town when we visited there a few years ago. Keep up the great progress!
~Saprina~
Married 19 years to the love of my life, and now getting to enjoy that life with him so very much more!

globirdie
on 4/7/09 10:23 am - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
Mine was on the 27 so I am right there with you ... I can not beleive how my energy I have already

I am being a little bad had an egg yesterday and some tuna to day   it is not a full 2 weeks until tomorrow and see the Nutriionist tomorrow and the doctor on Thurs.  I hope I am not screwing things up

I am so tired of soup and protein shakes.  God I hate the smell of them   Not to mention how long it takes to clean up after them

I have lost in total about 38 pounds.. 25 on a preop diet since thanksgiving and another 13 somce surgery

I am looking forward to going to the pool.  I can not walk long before my foot hurts.

WAhunter
on 4/7/09 11:56 am - Yale, WA
VSG on 03/31/09 with
well today was my 1st day on full liquids i am making a low fat cheese n broccolli soup and have had a protien drink that lasted me all day. I buy them already made and kept cold so better tasting.

I am afraid of eating solids i can barely drink something be fore i am full. Which is so awsome because i use to eat and eat and just not stop. I was so a head hunger case.

I got introuble yesterday for washing my jeep from the dr.  well it was dirty and it stunk.

well i didnt start the pre op diet til the 24th of March and have lost 17 lbs thus far.

just made soup and like yummy.. with this sleeve i can on have about 3-4 sips and that s it i am full.
Keep`n the Faith

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1094 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 956 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1050 views