Weight Loss

meinnm
on 5/6/09 2:54 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with this problem.  I had my surgery on 3/17/09 and lost 20 lbs at my 2-wk post op visit on 4/3/09.  Since then, 5 lbs!  It's been an entire month and only 5 lbs.  I know I'm not supposed to compare myself to others, but it is so hard.  I look at profiles and most people are way ahead of me. I started out at 273, so am not a lightweight.  I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. Exericse, water, protein, etc.  I guess I just need a little reasurrance that it's not just me. That others are experiencing or have experienced the same thing.  Thanks for your support.!

rbnski71
on 5/6/09 6:00 am - Farmington, CT
 What has your doctor said?  I had my surgery on March 10th and have lost 44 lbs since surgery.  The doctor said I was loosing the average amount of weight loss.  Definately talk to your doctor about this.
Melody L.
on 5/6/09 7:04 am - Keizer, OR
You and I are in almost the exact same boat...and I mean exact!  How funny that you posted today because that was the main reason I was checking out the March forum, to see if anyone else had posted.  I'm gonna send you a message!  Hang in there, even if we lose slow we'll get there (now take that advice and don't go read my blogs where I'm whining about how I'm not losing hardly anything since the first two weeks, lol).  ;)
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Emily C.
on 5/6/09 10:14 pm - Claremore, OK
Don't feel bad. I am losing slow too. I feel like I am doing something wrong, even though I know I am not. I hate it that I am a slow looser. It is driving me nuts.
Emily

shoregurl
on 5/6/09 11:15 pm - toms river, NJ
You are doing great! I had surgery on March 2 and I'm only down 45lbs since surgery. That's about 22.5 lbs a month. Please don't worry, you're not alone!
 Shannon  

trisu
on 6/1/09 1:54 pm - IL
 Hi!! I am identical to your stats! Surgery on March 2 and down 45ibs!! Just thought I'd let you know!
*~Toni~*

globirdie
on 5/6/09 11:22 pm - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
I am right there with you .   I lost 25 before surgery and since surgery on 3/25 I only lost 25 and keeping play with those last two pounds up one day then down the next,

I am trying to be good I eat 3 meals a day and snack.  I try to weigh everything but found lately for dinner twice over the last 2 weeks has some taco bell beefy nachos.  

I am logging everything and my calorie intake is about 600 to 800 a day with a top of 900 on a bad day.

I have only gotten sick once and tolerate most of what I eat  even pasta.  of course it is only about 1/4 cup.  if that sometimes.

I am really concerned on how easy it is to eat if I want to ... I feel like I am watching everything I eat as if I am on a strict diet again.   I don't' really have cravings but I am afraid my portions are to much even when I weigh and measure.   It just looks more then I expected myself to eat.

Lost 25 pounds pre-op
meinnm
on 5/7/09 1:04 am
Thank you all for your replies!  I really do feel much better.   I have been beating myself up about this thinking "Am I the only one out there"?  I will try to be more patient.  I guess I just have to resign myself that this isn't going to be a quick downhill ride.  And for now, that's ok.  :o)
viar
on 5/7/09 3:21 am
I had my surgery 03/03 and I am down 49 pounds.  I to dont understand why so slow.  I see other people on here losing weight like crazy.  I know I dont get my protein in like I should nor my water and I definately down weigh and measure anything.  Seems like most of what goes down comes up anyway.  But I have been stuck on 49 pounds FOREVER............ however, even though  I dont see the scales moving, I am losing inches, so thats helping.
Melody L.
on 5/7/09 4:11 am, edited 5/7/09 4:11 am - Keizer, OR
Those of you who had surgery in march and are down 45 or 49 pounds, I don't think of that as slow at all.  I know that it may seem slow to you, we all have different expectations and of course we would all love to see the fat just melt off our bodies, but try to stop and think that that is 20 to 24 pounds more than the OP and I have lost in only two more weeks, there is no way that I am going to lose 20 or 24 pounds in the next two weeks (since I've only lost that much total in the past 7 weeks!), but if I were to lose that much in the next two weeks I would feel really great about my progress overall!!  Actually I would be happy to make the "average" weight loss of 30 pounds by two months post op, but I seriously doubt that I will make that either.   Maybe by comparing yourself to me, you'll feel better about how much you have lost and won't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great!!  No matter how fast or slow we lose we can all get there, although we will probably all get discouraged along the way.  Hang in there!
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views