March 3rd with Dr.Truss at Dartmouth Hitch****

FindingAndrea
on 1/22/10 8:24 am - Waterbury Center, VT
I am so excited. I'm having a revision from a lapband to RNY. My first surgeon talked me into the lapband when what was best for me was RNY. I've moved past this and I am embracing my second chance at weight loss surgery. I've worked for three hard years to get past the psychological issues that led to my obesity. I am truly ready this time.

Looking forward to meeting others who are starting in March.

Good luck.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Beckyonthebeach
on 1/29/10 12:25 pm - Vero Beach, FL
Hi Andrea,

I'm scheduled for the gastric sleeve on March 4th. Your post made me curious. If you don't mind me asking....what were the reasons that you discovered about your over eating?  Sorry that things didn't work out for you the first time. How much weight did you lose?
FindingAndrea
on 1/29/10 10:10 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
Hi Becky,where on the beach do you live, I grew up in Newburyport Mass an ocean side town and loved it.

In some ways I was aware most of my life but tended to dissaociate from it. In my early 40's I went to work teaching ethics, philosophy and leadership at the New England Culinary Institute. It wasn't until I was around people who are passionate about food that I began to examine my own relationships  with food. It was during this time I learned so much about food that I was bowled over but what I didn't know and the effects that had on my health.

I'm writing a book about this now. I've also been in therapy on and off for 14 years. I started psychol analysis almost three years ago. This looks at how your personality formed and what the issues are to become aware of. This has been so invaluable to me that though I already have a docotorate in education I am going to pursue a clincal psychology degree and eventually open a practice to work with people who want to explore issues with weight and food in order to improve their health, happiness and overall well being.

How about you. How did you become aware if you want to share that,

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Beckyonthebeach
on 1/29/10 10:51 pm - Vero Beach, FL
Hi again,

I live in Vero Beach, FL. If you're not familiar, it's a small town on the east coast about 1 1/2 hrs north of Palm Beach and about 2 hours from Orlando.

I didn't start gaining weight until I moved here aftering getting married. I was not happy after I moved here and started overeating out of sadness and boredom. Then when I got pregnant for the first time, I developed gestational diabetes which never went away. Over those last 20 years I also have developed high BP, high cholesterol, and neuropathy.

I NEED to lose this weight for my health. And, a side benefit will be to look better.

I wasn't diagnosed with it, but my husband and I both think that I had post pardum depression. My husband grew up here and his mother lives here but she wasn't interested in being a grandmother. My family all lived in Louisiana and I felt very much alone. My husband was just beginning his law career and worked very long hours. I had to give up my career in corporate travel when we moved here because it was non existent. So, I had to take a job as a travel agent which I hated.

I'm a happier person than I was back then. And, I'm ready to make this committment FOR ME!!

Thanks for listening!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 744 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 995 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 857 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1153 views