Good luck to those for 3/3

MikeyMike
on 3/2/10 3:44 am - New York, NY
Just got the call from the Hospital confirming my 7:45 procedure....I'm on my way!!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Travis_S.
on 3/2/10 4:30 am - Moorhead, MN

Congratulations!!!!  Just recieved my confirmation and I go in at 11AM.  Good luck to everyone.

Since Pre-Op diet Feb. 17, 2010    

angiesgirl4ever
on 3/2/10 8:22 am - Edmonton, Canada
im still waiting on my call....if it doesn't come within the next 40 minutes i have to call them
angiesgirl4ever
on 3/2/10 9:25 am - Edmonton, Canada
i got my call!!!!
i go in about 6am, scheduled for 7:45am!!!!
fluffyk1977
on 3/2/10 9:10 am, edited 3/2/10 9:10 am
 I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow (before they pump me full of drugs, anyway).
I go in at 11am!
fluffyk1977
on 3/6/10 12:24 am
 So...how is everybody doing?  I'm still in quite a bit of pain, had planned to return to work on Monday but that is not going to happen...Walking, drinking the protein, doing the breathing exercises.  Surprisingly not hungry even though only eating about a half cup of food.  
angiesgirl4ever
on 3/19/10 2:31 pm - Edmonton, Canada
hey
i had my surgery on 3/3/10 and things didn't quite go as planned.  I had gastric bypass and things were going o****il thursday evening when things started going crazy.  i was in extreme pain and couldn't move, my resting heart rate was 138 (normal is 50-70) and i was starting to develop a fever.  around 930pm i was consulted by 4 surgeons who, after consulting with my surgeon who was out of the province and calling in my surgeon's colleague, decided i needed emergency exploratory surgery.  just before midnight i was wheeled into the OR where during the exploratory surgery they discovered my bowel had twisted and my intestines and old stomach were distended with feces, bile and gas and were ready to rupture, which could have be fatal.  they placed a g-tube into my old stomach which drained the feces, gas and bile out of my old stomach and intestines into a bag.  this tube is still in my stomach and will remain there until the beginning of April.  i was initially only supposed to be in the hospital 2 nights and 3 days but remained an additional 3 nights.  I also came home with my JP drain which was removed on Monday march 15th. 
I am now starting to feel good.  I am off of my pain meds, but still do have some pain around my g-tube site. 
I have lost 17 lbs since my surgery 16 days ago and am down a total of 49lbs since the beginning of my journey.
i did regret my surgery for the few days surrounding my emergency surgery.  but now i do not and i beleive that in the end everything will be worth it!
hope everyone else is doing well.
please feel free to check out my blog

jensgastricbypassjourney.blogspot.com

jen
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/10 11:38 pm - La Crosse, WI

I had my surgery on 3/3. So far so good. I am taking 2-3 15 minute walks per day. Getting lots of protein and drinking my water between "meals".

One thing I am experiencing in a terrible way is hunger. I really am upset with how hungry I am, it is very unexpected. I am sticking with what I have been told to do and I really, really hope this hunger is just "head hunger" I am less than a week out I just can't belive I will be hungry like this forever.

coreym
on 3/8/10 8:32 am - Grand Coulee, WA
Maggie, I'm so sorry you're feeling hungry. Its got to be head hunger, I think... those nerves that have been cut can't have healed that fast. Just hang in there, and follow your program to the letter. You're going to be great!

I'm feeling OK today!

Is anyone still holding on to IV weight from the hospital? I'm up about 3-4 pounds from the morning of surgery. (SO FRUSTRATING!)

Includes 29 pounds lost pre-op 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 744 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 995 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 857 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1153 views