Had surgery March 2nd

Justine L.
on 3/2/10 10:56 pm - Little Suamico, WI

Had my RNY yesterday at 11:30 - surgery was 2hrs and 20 min and everything went great.  Just had my swallow test and I'm clear now to start sipping stuff... I'm in pain but it's manageable and not as bad as I expected, my back hurt worse yesterday than my abdomen from laying flat for so long...

Good Luck to everyone!

boomsheeka01
on 3/3/10 12:04 am - Killeen, TX
Congrats!!!!! Good luck to you! I hope you lose everything you need to lose in the time frame that you want to lose it!
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

missid
on 3/6/10 2:22 am - Waldorf, MD
It will get better. I had my sleeve on the 1st. So were close in surgery dates. Good luck and I hope everything goes good!

Sarah D.
on 3/6/10 7:16 am - Clarksville, TN
I had my surgery on the 2nd, too. I'm having a hard time watching tv, cuz all the commercials about food make my head hunger flare up like crazy. How about you?
terez0503
on 3/7/10 3:29 am - Reynoldsville, PA
I had my RNY same day as you.  I am doing pretty well.  I am sore where my jp drain was but I am doing well at getting my protein in. My "nut" says that the first two weeks I only need to be getting in 20-40mgs. and I am getting in about 50-60 a day. I am not having any real problems. Just sore some.

Hope you have a fast recovery!

Theresa
crochethooker
on 3/7/10 4:05 am - Oakley, CA
hope your feeling well !! GREAT JOB !!!
Have a great day !
Lola  
Onederland 04/25/10

honeydew1022
on 3/12/10 7:29 am - Warwick, RI
Congratulations!  I had my surgery about 3 hours before yours!  Today was day one with "soft" foods, an egg, cottage cheese, pudding, pureed soup.  I didn't get a lot down but I am still enjoying the protein shakes.  I had very little pain, just extreme nausea from the morphine in the hospital.  Hope you are doing well!

sheda79
on 4/27/10 11:17 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Had my surgery on March 1 as well!! I am having a hard time getting in the protein. I have not found any shakes that I like, any suggestions?? I am drinking a lot of grapefruit juice, does anyone think this may make me gain weight?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Searching for Obesity Doctors
programcop · 0 replies · 746 views
How's everyone doing?
Justine L. · 5 replies · 997 views
Leg Pain
Danielle M. · 6 replies · 859 views
Struggling
swisspal · 4 replies · 1157 views