Two Years - More Weight 2 Go!

Melody.Cotrel
on 4/5/07 12:28 am - Burbank, CA
Today is my 2nd surgaversary... At 5'6", I started at 331#, and currently weigh 228#. I went down to 216# after my Mom's death a year ago, but basically I've stayed the same for a year and a half. BUT - that's actually a success - I STAYED THE SAME! After a year of horrible stuff - my mother dying, my son being a rotten teenager and the job from HELL,I ACTUALLY DID'NT GAIN IT ALL BACK... I have read about the plateau buster diet, can anyone direct me to info on that? I know I also need to drink more water. I am TERRIBLE about drinking enough water. I did exercise, but stopped a few months ago so I need to get back to that, too. I take my supplements religiously, and attend support group regularly. I wish there was someone in the support group who was struggling like me, but they are all either superstars, just post-ops or people waiting for surgery. I never hear about people who gain weight back and I am REALLY curious about that... I have a close friend who is over a 15 months post-op. She is still losing weight, never eats protein, never exercises, never goes to support group, won't go on the internet, never takes iron or calcium. She justs says that she is better at weight loss than me....I can't believe that! I think I am a success but I want to go ALL THE WAY and lose the rest... Thanks for reading.
lmarkwell
on 4/5/07 5:57 am - Cartersville, GA
Hi Melody Can we support each other? I will be 2 years on April 25. I started at 315 and made it down to 217 and now I am sitting at 230 for about a year now. I have just started FIT DAY to see where I am screwing up. Which I know is the carbs. I can't do sugar anymore but I can eat a baked chip. Problem is I can eat all day...grazing is so easy. I really feel like I have let myself down by not getting to goal. I wasn't taking my vitamins or calcium so I have started doing that. I am bad abou****er also. I get so bad my feet cramp and I can tell I am dehydrated. So if you want a buddy here I am in the same situation you are in. I want to just get below 200 and I would feel like I have accomplished something. Lynn
VelvetMichelle
on 4/5/07 11:51 am - East Brunswick, NJ
Hey lady! I'm with you! My surgery was on 4/18/07. I started (2 months before surgery) at 405(or so... I could weigh myself) and got down to 235 at my lowest. I'm back up to 245-250 but I've been there for a year now! I'm a grazer too... and NOT on good stuff. I try to keep cheese and apples at work, but it's always so easy to grab some crap instead. I"m struggling! I really want to get the rest of this weight off and be happy w/ my results (don't get me wrong... I'm a LOT happier and healthier now than I've ever been!). I stopped excersizing too. I was working for the company from hell and couldn't work out (working 10hr days or more). Now that I've moved on from that job... I'm going to try to get back into the excercise. I just had my 2yr checkup and my dr gave me some really good advice. He said it's not about dieting. He said to use Fitday or one of those types of sites, calculate what you normally eat in a day NOW.. including the crap, then take a look at what you can cut out or what excersize you can use to "make up for" some of the calories. If you've maintained for so long, even a slight change can help. He said to then stick w/ what you're doing once you're losing, don't lower anything! Until you stop losing, then try it agian if you need to GOOD LUCK! Michelle
jmorris
on 4/8/07 7:56 am - Berkeley, CA
Wow! Can I ever relate! I am 2yrs post op..started at 335 and now am around 225 and steady for the last year. And I also say HURRAH for all of us ..keeping it off is very important. My surgeon said to start walking again.. He said that the more we exercise those big thighs the more fat is burned. Hmmmm..interesting. Of course, I walked my dogs 3 days in a row and then caught a cold. Ah well... But I will get back on track today! Also, I have had a problem with wine ..I love white wine!! It is probably replacing my sweet overeating from earlier days. I plan to go back to the support group as well. My therapist has cancer and cancelled all her sessions. I would love to get down to 180!!! My plan: more veggies, walking! start small. Thanks to all of you!!! Julia
KRWaters
on 4/9/07 4:16 am - Manteca, CA
Hi all, I just had my 2 yr anniversary on 4/4. I, too, have gained weight over the past 5 months, like 30 pounds. I originally lost 90 pounds and had 40 to go to get to doc's goal of 125. Ha! that will be the day. I wouldn't mind being 150. Any ways, whatever I eat turns to fat and up goes the weight. Yeah, I am probably eating tooooo many carbs a day, but a few days ago I had none for 2 days and then I blew it. I also heard about the Plateau Buster diet, eating all protein, including cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc, right, and drinking water. If the nasty stuff weren't in the house (my boyfriend moved in 5 months ago). See the correlation. He moves in 5 months ago and I started my weight gain 5 months ago. So He was buying bagels, breads, sweets and I have delved into some of it, I control it somewhat. I think I have some control and eat less than I used to before WLS, but not enough. I had been exercising by walking maybe 2 miles day and weights at the gym. I put my back out last week and it is really hard to walk with pain in my back and down my buttocks and legs, OUCH! What am I to do. I am seeing the psychologist today whom I saw before surgery to maybe get some input from him. I am also going to see my surgeon on Wednesday to see what he says why I am gaining weight it seems so fast. Karen
EveningStar
on 4/12/07 7:29 am - AL
How to break a plateau #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau. #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day. #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day. #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day. beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened Peanut butter Beans/legumes you may also have: sugar free Popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free Jell-o sugar free Kool-aid broths/boullion Crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! I have not personally tried this yet but I know of people who have tried it and have had luck with it. I started at 304 and am still at 198. I have recently started back on protein shakes ( 5x a day! Its EASY with Matrix Cookies & Cream! YUMMMO!) and making sure I get in my water plus extra if I can get it in and making a conscious effort to do protein first and will see how this does. My problem is exercise. I absolutely hate it but Im going to buy a Gazelle next week and give this a try everyday. It looks like fun and I have a friend who has one. I tried out her's and I feel this is something I could do, everyday. Best of luck and let me know if this plateau buster works!
cathy in maryland
on 6/10/07 10:43 pm - Army town, MD
I know this is a couple months past when you posted this and I hope things are going good for you. I just wanted you to know I'm in exactly the same boat as you are so don't feel alone. I'm 5'5" and started out at 333lbs....I got down to 201lbs( ONEderland was SOOOO close) and then I bounced up to 214lbs currently and holding. I know I feel so much better then I did at 333lbs and I can do so much more now but it's still all about the numbers for me. I don't want to be a size6 but I really don't want to be 200+lbs either. Just thought I'd drop you a reply and let you know somebody else is in the same boat as you so don't feel alone! HUGS Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 836 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 721 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 695 views