Chronic Anemia anyone?

EveningStar
on 4/20/07 3:40 pm - AL
I am extremely low on iron. mine is nearing the infusion point again or worse, blood transfusion and a COLONSCOPY if the level doesnt get way up there. What kind of iron do you use and how have your labs been? Thanks in advance to all *****ply. I need to find a better iron supplement and welcome all suggestions and hints! ES
feistyemm
on 4/26/07 10:21 pm - Westchester, NY
Hi I also have chronic anemia. Last June, prior to my lower body lift and brachioplasty, I donated two units of my own blood "just in case." Good thing -- they gave me both 3 days later. Then, as I was preparing this March for a little more "work," they found my iron level was very low. They gave me a transfusion -- this time there was none of my blood stored - AND a colonoscopy/endoscopy to check for bleeding. They did not find anything, and my surgery went on as scheduled on March 16th. They wanted to give me blood after the surgery, but this time had trouble finding a match on a non-emergency basis -- I apparently developed an antibody after getting someone else's blood, and now what was simple before is now a difficulty. I am taking Vitron-C -- 2 tablets per day. My level has gone up -- not high up, but up. I am trying to eat more meat and anything else that had iron. Best of luck upping that iron! Emm
ng
on 7/15/07 12:53 pm - Southwest, LA
I got my GP to put me on chromgen............ the iron tablet that gastric bypass people can use. Have you tried this. Before that I used easy iron from walmart........ I think that was the name. I am not sure that they look at labs that much at the guy who did my surgery.......they have never made the deal out of doing them that other people's surgeons have. I have wondered if I am falling apart and just don't know.........LOL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 836 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 722 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 695 views