Bouncing back

Anita B.
on 2/26/08 2:10 am - Everettt, WA
It has been a long time since I have been on the site. My beginning weight was 420 post op. I had my bypass in April of 2005 and am almost at my 3 year surgiversary. I got down to a whopping 170 lbs, but have gained back almost 50 lbs and am stressing big time. I injured my back in October, and have been laid up which is part of the problem. The pain meds that I have been on make me gain weight, but I need to take them because every day is painful for me to move around. I have also had a pretty rough and emotional time this past year. I have been homeless and living with family, which has been pretty rough. We just recently (last month) got our own place again and starting to get our life back on track. Its hard though because I slipped into a deep depression with all that has happened, and got back into some of my bad habits which got me obese in the first place. My husband has been OVERLY supportive, but he likes big women anyways, and we had a rough patch when I got down to my lowest weight. Just need some support from my family here on OH to help get my life back on track and get myself back down to where I am not concidered overweight again. I was sooooo proud of myself when I got down to 170, but some people said I looked too thin. I know that now at 230 I am not obese, and people still tell me how great I look, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I get depressed all over again. Since moving into thenew house, I have started walking short distances with my 5 yr old daughter and our new puppy, hoping that getting mobile will help get the weight back off. Its hard for me to go long distances wtih my back being bad, but I have to do something. Thanks for listening. Anita B
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 3:54 pm - Lindsborg, KS
hang in there Anita! I never got to my docs goal weight for me and i agree so much has happened in my life to that it would be so easy to go back to old habits, but i just wont let myslef do. You have the tools for success you know what you should and shouldnt be eating as far as wanting to get the weight off, and congrats for getting up and moving again i am sure its very hard for you but if you stay commited to it im sure youll see the weight coming back off again, it might take a bit longer but it will still come back off! and hugs to you for sharing your story hun keep up the good work you'll back back down to where you want to be again!
Dory1961
on 4/24/08 4:42 pm - Byesville, OH
Anita, The Pouch still works. We just forget to listen to it screaming at us that we are full. Life becomes difficult and food is still our friend. I am almost 3 years post op and just started losing well again. I had to go back to basics again and am doing well again. I have to force myself to listen to that little voice inside me that says...You are satisfied.. You are done.. get the hell up from the table NOW.. I am also recovering from a horrible knee injury with a torn ACL and meniscus. It took me a long time to finally be able to work that knee again and I am walking again. I will NOT give up on this dream. Keep the faith you can do this Laura in Ohio
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 614 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 836 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 721 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 695 views