RE: My 3 month update.

TOM A.
on 8/2/05 6:04 pm - Anchorage, AK
Ok ! I have to let you all know what I have been up too. I have been lurking but have not posted for a long time. Well I just had my 3 month post-op checkup last Thursday the 28th with my surgeon, and I am right on track says the doc. infact I am ahead of the schedule and doin awesome. I have lost 100 lbs. in 3 monthes but I have another 200 lbs to my goal of 200 lbs. Man have I got so much energy now I have a hard time going to sleep at night and I catch myself staying up til 2 or 3 in the morning some times. Like two or three times a week and then I only need about 5 hours of sleep and I am up again. I am still using the BI-PAP machine but its been turned down from 25 to 7 so that is good, other then I have restless leg syndrome still. So my internest has me on meds for that now. But for all my other meds I was on before this surgery the only thing I am taking now is LIMBREL for my arthrisis. I was taking a antidepressant and Celerbrex and I am off of those two now. I had a hard time keeping foods down until about 2 weeks ago, until I told myself that 2 tablespoons or 2 ounces of meat at a time. Or I make sure to puree all my soups and stews and they stay down with no problem. I can do some dairy products like 2% milk and cheeses, but not cottage cheese (I dump on it) and I drink at least two protein shakes a day. It is realy been a change, my clothes are getting so baggy infact I am going to do my last mail -order for a pair of pants this week and I should be able to go to the thrifty store and get my clothes in another month or so. I tell everyone I talk to about the surgery that I would do it again in a Heart Beat ! Well that its for now... Take care and I will be standing By !! Tom pre-op = 536 / current = 436 / goal = 200
BrendaR
on 8/3/05 3:22 am - Easton, MD
Way to go! Brenda
jauntye
on 8/3/05 7:04 am - Blue Springs, MO
Woooo Hooooo!!!! Good job!!!! Hugggggz~~~ Christy
Deanna W.
on 8/4/05 11:16 am - Las Vegas, NV
Excellent!!!
TOM A.
on 8/4/05 12:20 pm - Anchorage, AK
Thank you all for all the postive support I am well on my way to a new life ....God Bless Tom
clbnest
on 8/5/05 8:08 am - Anaheim, CA
Wow I am so proud of you. Im down from 345 to 274 and I know what you mean about the energy. I USED TO FALL ASLEEP AT THE DROP OF A HAT, NOW I ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE !!!! KEEP GOING
katiehoogerhyde
on 8/5/05 11:13 am - Chelsea, MI
WOW !!!~ what an accompolishment. Thats awesome. Congrats. Katie
richardwidman
on 8/8/05 3:01 am - Las Vegas, NV
Tom, Congrats on becoming a member of the century club. I too lost my first 100lbs, by my 3 month anniversary date. Isn't it crazy how good you feel? I can't wait to see how it feels after the next 100. Again my congrats, Richard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is anyone stil posting ?
Hambear · 1 replies · 621 views
Ghost Town
sanguinarythorn · 3 replies · 839 views
Five years!
sanguinarythorn · 0 replies · 725 views
almost five years
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views