Wife had RNY on 4/15

Keltic_Princess
on 5/27/08 11:01 pm - Canada
Hi Kathy; My husband is in Afghanistan as well.He wasnt home for my surgery and went through it on my own.I wount be seeing my hubbt either for awhile.
Kathy D.
on 5/28/08 2:47 am - KY
Hey there! When did you have your surgery? Mine was on the 28th of April. I've vowed not to even let the hubby see me until he comes home for his visit. I want to knock his socks off! lol What unit is your hubby with? Mine's with the 101st ABN. How are you doing with the deployment? Kathy
dbk1009
on 6/4/08 8:40 am - Coral Springs, FL
I am doing well personally. I have lost over 24lbs myself, just cutting out alot of the Hamburger helper, pasta, and going out 5-6 nights a week with appetizer, entree, and dessert. She is feeling a little better, but still thinks she 'ruined' her life, and cries whenever she thinks of good food she is missing. She is not seeking help mentally, and the nutritionist from her hospital operates like a deli counter (pardon the pun)- 30 seconds per patient and then "next". She has seen her 3x total... I am dealing best I can with this- cooking a lot more, helping out, etc. She is just a naturally demanding person, and I hope she doesn't overly take advantage of this...
Keltic_Princess
on 6/4/08 12:11 pm - Canada
Sorry but I need to say this.No one else can do this except her.Its great you are helping her out but ultimately it has to be her.If she is depressed she needs to recognise that and seek help if she doesnt there is really nothing you can do.I just had my surgery on April 18th and am almost 6 weeks out.At times I have down times but I try and find things to do to keep myself busy.It sounds like your doing all the work.Its time she takes some responsibilty and this is just my opinion. Bravo to you for supporting her but becareful there is a fineline to supporting and enabling.Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1013 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 739 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 947 views