Anyone from the MAYDAY Club still around? :-)

Kathy A C.
on 5/6/04 9:40 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi There Gastric Brothers and Sisters! I am a 2 year postie looking for the 9 original members of the May Day Club from May of 2002. Back then, I had e-mailed lots of folks having the surgery on my surgery date, or near to it, and several of us kept in touch via e-mails and phone calls during our pre-op and early post op stages. We lost touch after about the 2nd month and went about living our lives. I think of you all from time to time and hope you are all well and getting close to or have reached a healthy weight. It was 2 years ago on May 3rd I had my RNY Gastric Bypass. I know tragedy struck at least one of the original members who passed away about 2 weeks after her surgery, but anyone else out there wanna give me a shout? I'd love to hear from you! Jennifer A, I saw your pic on here once when I was surfing on a friend's computer, but I was not able to respond to your message. Wishing everyone else, especially those about to have surgery the best of luck. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about pre or post op life. Love and Peace, Kathy A Collins (was Kathy A Watson living in CT when I had the surgery, but have since got divorced and live in MA now with a new name). xox
Mickey B.
on 5/15/04 7:07 am - St. Petersburg, Fl
Had mine May 10th and am still doing great. I have a bout 15-20 more pounds I would like to lose, but it doesn't seem to want to leave me. Still eating low carb and trying to get in enough excercise, but my life is so BUSY now that I have a hard time finding TIME. I used to sit around and do nothing because I didn't feel like it, now I am on the go 24/7 and still don't get the right kind of excercise to be able to lose that last little bit. Still- I couldn't be happier with my results. Hubby and I still have a great relationship- maybe even a bit better now, since we do much more together than we used to do. I need to post a 2 year update, I guess. Mickey Birt May 10, 2002 Fla Dr. Rehnke
Mary R.
on 6/1/04 2:56 pm - Hudson, FL
My surgery date was 5-1-02, with my birthday on 5-3.. I have to say it was the best birthday gift I could have ever given myself. It wasnt easy as I spent 3 days in ICU, including my birthday. Dr. Murr was the best! I credit him with extending my life. Am doing very well. I have met my goal of 160, and passed it to 150. Will be looking into plastic surgery soon. Hope everyone is doing well. Blessings, Mary Russell 331/160/150 Dr. Murr
Jack in NY
on 6/3/04 4:32 am - Peekskill, NY
I don't believe I was in the "original" club, but I am 2 years post-op DS (05-20-02), and have had a revision and tummy tuck on April 13, 2004, followed by an emergency procedure on April 22nd due to adhesions in small intestine, whgich had to be removed, and and the DS portion of my surgery reversed. I am doing much better now...getting stronger everyday, and trying to put on 40 pounds, which is an everyday struggle, but I will get there! Hope you are all doing well. God Bless!
Gail W.
on 6/15/04 10:22 pm - Woodlands, TX
HI I am not from the mayday club but am very interested in the surgery--am having insurance difficulties right now. Congrats on you though you look great. If its not to personal--what did your friend pass away from 2 weeks after surgery? Was it because of the surgery? I am just curious. Thanks for replying back (in advance). Good luck with the rest of your life !! Gail White
Kathy A C.
on 5/3/05 10:08 am - Marlborough, MA
Hello, Sorry I am so late getting back to you! My friend died because her doctor was fixing a 20 year old bypass surgery and she got staple leaks and a magnesium absorbsion problem. She had phoned me from TX the day after her surgery and I had a nice chat with her. Her sister also underwent surgery and had complications. I do not think I would have this surgery in TX! Hope you did well and are on your way to a new life. Kathy A Collins in MA
Venus B.
on 5/16/05 8:47 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Hello Everyone, Congratulations to all! Today is my 3 year wls anniversary - 5/16/02, was the day for me and I thank every day that I had the surgery. So far, I've been very fortunate - about a year ago I did have to have emergency surgery for scar tissue, but other than that, I've been doing great. I actually enjoy shopping for clothes now! and the health benefits are good too When I feel that I should be thinner than I am, I think back to when I was 100+ pounds heavier and how much my life has changed. And I feel blessed. Lately, I've been feeling tired in the middle of the day, but when I eat some protein, I feel all energized. Lesson learned - listen to your body and check with your doctor. Now, if I could lose another 20 pounds...until next time, take care wls brothers and sisters! V
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 543 views
Support
msbigbaybe · 1 replies · 643 views
An old friend
Tami M. · 0 replies · 714 views