How are the May Surgery Ppl Doing?

Dianna C.
on 6/3/08 12:57 am - Parry Sound, Canada
Hi All I just wanted to say I miss all my old friends from this forum. How is everyone doing? I guess most of us must be back to work and getting on with things. Just wanted to know how everyone was coping now that the worst? is over. Hope you are all doing well. Di
Shewolf
on 6/3/08 5:34 am - Rusk, TX
Hi Dianne, I am almost 3 weeks post op and am doing well. I haven't returned to work yet I go back on the 9th. I've had few problems since surgery and am really suffering from boredom LOL. Yesterday and today I'm suffering from 'the blues" I don't know why, I have no good reason to be depressed. I think perhaps I may be mourning my ex. My ex relationship with food that is. I figure this to shall pass in a few days. So far I've lost 28 pounds and 2 pants sizes so I should be dancing with joy instead of crying in my protein shake LOL. Hope you are doing well, Shelia
cheriaire
on 6/3/08 8:17 am - Cheshire, CT
Hi Dianne, I am doing pretty well. The food is pretty boring but I start on "soft food" on Friday. I had a little trouble with dehydration and low blood pressure for about a week. That really kicked my butt. I am not back to 100% but I am working. No problems with any foods so far and I am way too chicken to cheat. I have lost around 20 lbs only but my clothes are getting pretty loose. Some days I wish I could fast forward a couple of months, I have this fear that I am going to be the first person in history to lose only 20 lbs after WLS. Cheryl
mrswilliams06
on 6/4/08 9:39 pm
I have that same fear! I've only lost 23 lbs. and I've come to a stall! I got my surgery on 5/12/08 and I'm almost at my 1 month mark. I hear stories of people losing 40-50 lbs. in one month! I'm like," Is this all I'm going to lose after WLS"!!! It has me freaking out over here!
innerbeauty1960
on 6/7/08 1:44 pm
Hi Arienne, I know how you feel. I often feel like is all there is. Debra
jpmoore36
on 6/3/08 2:03 pm
May 21 VSG. Had Dr appt today, I am doing better. Scheduled to go back to work on June 9. I have low energy and have lost 28.5 lbs. Dr said this was too much weight loss and I would probably go into starvation mode if I do not change i.e. eat more often and exercise. (this was my issue prior to surgery)
criehavendude
on 6/5/08 7:26 pm - ME
My surgery was 5/12/08. Down 34 pounds since my surgery. Was only out of work for two weeks and returned to lobster fishing with no restrictions which was amazing to me since I am required to do alot of heavy lifting. Came off the liquid diet about a week ago, however, not having alot of success with that so far, I have found out that I get nauseated quite easily and dump nearly everytime I eat like an ounce of meat. However I am still not hungry so if I have to go back to having more protein drinks or cream of chicken soup I am cool with that. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care and keep smiling.....Larry
csuewooten
on 6/6/08 12:38 am - Dunn, NC
Today is the one month anniversary of my RNY! I can't believe its only been a month. AFter that terrible first week and going back to the hospital with the infection I thought I'd never recover. But, I'm back at work and doing just fine. I've lost 34 pounds and can't believe how little I eat each day. I'm having problems staying hydrated and meeting the 60 gram protein requirement. I've never eaten 60 grams of protein in one day since my surgery. I just can't hold that much food in the course of a day. My follow up visit with surgeon is Wed - June 11. I'll be happy to see what he thinks about my progress. I'm curious though - is anyone else having problems eating for the first time of the day? The first food to hit my pouch really hurts, but after I finally nibble it down, I'm okay for the rest of day (unless I eat something stupid). Keep Smilin' Connie
Lauren1979
on 6/6/08 4:24 am - Holden, MA
I had my surgery May 1st and I am feeling back to myself. I got my final diet advancement today. Its the diet for life. I can start trying everything again. I lost 17 lbs then stalled for 2 1/2 weeks. I called the Dr and was told almost everyone has this happen its your body adjusting going into starvation mode then coming back out of it to start loosing again. My Dr. actually prefers his patient to loosed less than 20lbs the first month. It helps keeping it slow and steady and is better on your body and skin. We will all have stalls, and as frustrating as it is, it really is all part of the process. Just do what your told to the best of you ability and the weight will come off. In the last 5 days I have lost another 5 lbs so I'm back loosing. I got the Wii Fit and have been doing the begginer excersizes which is so much fun and I feel so much better now that I started moving more. Here are my stats so far... hope everyone is doing well.... Before program 332 lbs Day of Surgery 305lbs Today 283lbs Total loss -49lbs Since surgery -22lbs
Alicia W.
on 6/7/08 2:38 am - Claremont, CA
Had my surgery on May 30, 2008..I m officially one week out. my biggest problem besides the protien is that I am thirsty all the time. I hope I can quench my thirst later down the road.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 478 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1437 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1139 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1254 views