PreOp Diet

DawnNaples
on 5/2/12 10:50 am
 I begin my Pre Op Diet on Monday May 7th. A little nervous but feel that I can make it through. I am so ready for surgery (May 14th)  so that I can begin my new Journey. And sit along side everyone on the losers bench!!
hkhart
on 5/3/12 5:58 am - Newburgh, IN
I start my preop diet Monday as well. My surgery is the 15th. I think I am most afraid of the preop!!
DawnNaples
on 5/3/12 9:10 am
Do you mean the liquid diet or pre-op as in the day of surgery?  I had a hysterectomy a year ago in April.  I was petrified of going under anesthesia.  After I woke up which seemed like only minutes, and it was all over I couldn't believe it. There was no reason to be so nervous. Are you having laporscopic? I have never gone a whole week on liquids, so this should be very interesting.   

Well I wish you the best of luck, and let's keep in touch.  We can go through this process together. Happy PreOp Diet!!

Truly,
Dawn
hkhart
on 5/3/12 11:03 am - Newburgh, IN
I'm scared of both!  I have to do 7 days of Optifast (5 drinks/2 bars a day) then the day before surgery, a clear liquid diet with mag citrate drink x 2.  Not sure how I'm going to do on the liquid or mostly liquid diet.  I've been doing two protein shakes a day with protein bar or fruit/yogurt as snack, but by the time dinner comes around, I am ravenous and then do not make good choices.  Hopefully the first couple days will go by quickly, as I have read that later on, it isn't as hard (once you've past the starving stage LOL)!

I've had two c-sections which I wasn't under, but would have preferred to be!  I had my upper endo a few weeks ago and although I was a bit nervous, found out it was nothing - I'd do it again, it was so easy.  Yes, I am having Lap RNY.  Best of luck to you as well!  I'll add you as a friend, if you don't care!
DawnNaples
on 5/4/12 1:22 am
Hello,

Thanks for the friend request.  I guess all we can do is take it one day at a time, hopefully the week will fly by and it surgery day will be here. Can't wait.........
MaleNurse78
on 5/3/12 12:28 pm - Bossier City , LA
I know the feeling of total fear, I start my pre-op diet this Sat., I have already asked for forgivness from my co-workers for what I am sure will be a long next 10 days. I am scheduled for my surgery for the 14th, I am so nervous yet so ready!

DawnNaples
on 5/4/12 1:24 am
Well wishing you the best of the luck on the pre-op diet.  I haven't told too many people so I can't really ask for forgiveness without having to tell people.  I hope the liquid diet goes by like a flash and surgery date will be here.  I am SO ready too.....  Best of Luck!  And be sure to let us know how you are doing after surgery.   Truly,  Dawn
fit2lose
on 5/5/12 3:06 am - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
I have surgery on Monday (7th) and am on day 9 of a 9 day high protein liquid diet with a clear liquid diet set for tomorrow.  For mine the only difference between the 2 is that I could have meal replacement shakes.  I found that sugar free popcicles are great because you can bite them, and some broth from some soups from the local chinese buffet place was a nice treat.  A quart is only 3 bucks and depending on the soup I could get at least 2 cups of broth while my wife would get the rest of the contents.  Good luck on the pre-op diet, at least for me it was not as bad as I was expecting.. and I lost around 10 pounds.
DawnNaples
on 5/5/12 4:04 am
Wishing you all the best on your Surgery...    
Thanks for the encouragment for the liquid diet, I am not looking to forward to it...  I will take the 10 lb weight loss though.. 
Let's catch back up in a couple weeks to see how each other is doing.
Truly,
Dawn
DawnNaples
on 5/7/12 11:28 pm
Hi!  Well day 1 was not so bad.  I wasn't really even hungry, I don't know if it is because I drank so much water or I have brainwashed myself into thinking this is going to be okay.  lol
I hope you surgery went well and you are recovering nicely.  Please let me know how it went.
Sending quick recovery wishes.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Tomorrow is the Day
robinceleste · 4 replies · 649 views
May 24th
Krista1215 · 1 replies · 654 views
D-Day, May 16
StacyCakes · 3 replies · 620 views