Surgery was May 29th...anyone else?

Tracey S.
on 6/26/12 12:37 am - Bowling Green, KY
RNY on 05/29/12

I had gastric bypass on May 29th. I also had my lap-band removed that day due to my having Lupus and because the daggone thing didn't help at all! I had food getting stuck all the time and had several studies done to make sure it was inserted correctly.
Anyway, I'm down about 19 lbs.
How is everyone else doing?

debjhns76
on 9/1/12 11:47 am, edited 9/1/12 11:48 am
VSG on 05/31/12

I know this is a l-o-n-g time afterwards to respond, but I had my Gastric Sleeve May31st. So I'm just 3 months out. I considered the lap band and the Bypass both.  But neither one seemed right.  The Bypass especially seemed too extreme for me.  But I know its a very individual choice.  Depends on your other health problems.  I lost 19 pounds the first month after surgery also.  I lost 11 pounds prior to surgery on the pre-surgery diet.  No carb diet.  Now altogether I've 56 pounds.  When i started this I needed to lose 130 lbs.  My ideal weight would be 140 lbs.  I used to weigh that much.  So I'd like to weigh somewhere near that again.  Don't know what my actual weight will end up being.  So far I've been doing well with avoiding the wrong foods.  Not as hard as I thought. I'm not constantly hungry any more.  Keeping my fingers crossed it continues. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Tomorrow is the Day
robinceleste · 4 replies · 649 views
May 24th
Krista1215 · 1 replies · 654 views
D-Day, May 16
StacyCakes · 3 replies · 620 views