Recent Posts

Rebecca S.
on 8/28/14 12:16 am
RNY on 05/23/14
Topic: RE: Looking for a group to journey with...

Hi! I had my RNY on May 23rd. I hope things are going well for you.

Info Session Aug 15, 2013-Surgery Date May 23, 2014 (281 day process) for my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass experience

Vickster
on 6/24/14 2:01 pm
Topic: RE: Frustrated, moody, emotional, at a freaking plateau to top it off...

Hi Kate.  I had RNY on May 8.  I lost weight at first, but at the end of the 2nd week it stalled.  Lasted about a week or so.  That was frustrating for sure.  I've heard in my support group of others gaining weight right after surgery and not losing it all for a couple weeks.  By their progress, you're doing great!    The incision pulling was unexpected for me, too.  I do plenty of moving around, but I haven't started a regular exercise program.  I have a lot of family issues going on and just haven't set aside the time to do it.  I feel like I could.  I haven't been able to get all my protein in most days yet.  What do you eat to get all of yours in?

Thanks,

Vicki

Member Services
on 6/23/14 12:16 pm - Irvine, CA
Bella102513
on 6/11/14 5:11 am - Euclid, OH

Hey!! I had my RNY on May 22. I hope you are doing well so far!! 

Hugs

Kate

Bella102513
on 6/11/14 5:08 am - Euclid, OH
Topic: Frustrated, moody, emotional, at a freaking plateau to top it off...

Hey everyone. I had my RNY on May 22. I am in the second week of puréed foods now. I am so moody and emotional and I haven't lost a single pound in almost two weeks. My NUT said it's not unheard of, bu*****pically doesn't happen until the soft food stage. *sigh* None the less, the upper left incision is still very sore and the muscles hurt me for a week if I get up and do anything more then wander around the house. I want to get our and walk more. I am continuously holding my incision and so match because it is so tender and it's pulling and burning. I know I sound like a whiner, and please know I am not at all thinking or though this was a walk in the park or that weight was going to just fall off without effort. I want to be out putting forth a greater effort, I just feel so limited. I am meeting my protein goals and fluid goals. I just needs to vent. I know I'm not alone. I'm just frustrated. I haven't complained at all, until now. Thanks everyone for listening... I hope everyone is having a good day!!

~Kate 

JoAnn E.
on 6/5/14 11:44 am - Spring, TX
DS on 05/28/14

I also had my surgery on May 28th. We have similar stats. I would really love to have someone to talk to that is going through the same things I am. 

Captjefe
on 6/4/14 2:16 pm
VSG on 05/29/14

Had my Vsg on May 29 th in San Antonio.  This liquid diet is not fun.

chriswife19
on 6/3/14 10:03 pm
VSG on 05/28/14

Amber, I had my surgery last Wednesday too.  I hope you are doing well.  I am thrilled so far!

Highest weight - 260  Surgery weight - 197.5  Current Weight - 152

Amber L.
on 5/27/14 4:54 am - Grandview, MO
Topic: Looking for a group to journey with...

Hiya! My surgery is tomorrow, the 28th, and I'm interested in getting to know people who are having surgery the same time as me. Hit me up if you are that person!

Cheers.

Surgery date: May 28, 2014 | Heaviest Weight: 323 | Height: 5'9" | Age: 30

Most Active