What is and What Will Be.......

Nancy S.
on 6/2/06 3:05 am - Hazleton, PA
Hello to my June family! As we have all said June 2006 is "OUR" month,a new life lies ahead of us,a life we could only dream of having.As our surgery dates become closer our nerves are a bit more edgy and the anxiety is on high gear,and our fears of what will be are very real.most of us do not really realize how much of life we are missing out on beacause we have been backed into a corner for so long.Life is out there for us,with this surgery we are being given a gift,the gift of a new life. When all these feelings start taking over here are a few of the major reasons of what is now and what will be after the surgery. waiting to get a table in a restaurant because you don't fit in the booth *after the sugery you can go anywhere your little body desires having to pay a ton more money to buy a first class seat on a plane because you don't fit in the regular seat *after the surgery pay for a normal seat,the money you saved go buy a cute outfit for your trip can't go to a baseball game because you barely fit in the seat and if you do you ache for days from "squeezing in it" *after the surgery sit anywhere you like comfortably can't go on the rides at amuzement parks that have lab bars because the bar can't get past your belly *after the surgery get on the biggest,fastest rollercoaster be sure to tighten your bar & belt so you don't fall out! can't go to the movie theater because you don't fit in the seat *after surgery make it a point to go out on a date once a month with hubby or boyfriend avoid going places that you have to walk long distances because you feel like your going to have a heart attack and your feet,ankles and back start throbbing and you feel like your going to have a heart attack while you are perfusely sweating *after the surgery,walk,walk,walk best form of excercise there is!and it won't hurt! avoid being in crowds because of "the stare" (no explanation needed for that one) *after the surgery doll yourself up and hit the malls the only stares you will get will be good ones! can't go out for a ride on a motorcycle *after the sugery grab the backpack and hit the highway for a road trip avoid going swimming or to beaches or anything requiring a swim suit or exposing more than you have too *after the sugery turn yourself into a beach bum!LOL..don't forget the sunscreen! hate going clothes shopping because you can't wear all the cute new styles,because you have to wear clothes that "HIDE" the rolls and butt * after the sugery go buy yourself that pair of designer Baby Phat or apple bottoms jeans! you can wear anything now!..and look good in it!!! can't buy a pretty pair of heels because your feet are swollen so you live in sneakers and flip flops *after the surgery save the sneakers for walking and running and the flops for the pool and try a pair of them cute heels! avoid running into old friends because you don't want them to see what you look like now * after the sugery make it a point to run into these people, especially the ones who have made the "your so pretty,if you lost weight you would.....blah blah blah,we all heard that one" how much medication are you taking from conditions from obesity? *after the sugery,most will be off a ton of meds take that extra money and go pamper yourself with a facial,new hairstyle etc.... These are only a few! When I think of the "what will be" I ponder these and gives me the reality check I need to settle the down.I hope that this will shed a bright light and help calm you as well. God Bless all of you! Nancy
Kimmy411
on 6/2/06 3:24 am - Ft Polk, LA
Nancy I love ya and don't even know ya!!! Those are great things to remember I have to say I live on a Arm post and I can't wait to take my girls to the park and not have to be the mom sitting under the shelter table!!!! I want to be out there playing with my girls before they grow up and there is no time to play with them anymore!!! Thanks for the kind remarks and thoughts I printed them and have posted them on the wall by my desk...
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 627 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 721 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 805 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 658 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 714 views