3 days post op

babylemke
on 6/4/06 3:41 pm - Hinesville, GA
I can't believe I'm here "on the other side"! I can't believe I finally had it done!!!! It was amazing experience. I was up and walking around 4 hours after surgery. The doctor and RN's said they weren't used to that. LOL I was ready to GO GO GO! I recovered well and did everything I was supposed to (including FART LOL), so they discharged me a day early. Now I am home and I feel fine (a little tired), but I get a lot of pressure in my chest when I drink water or warm tea. I haven't thrown anything up, but it hurts to drink. Maybe I'm drinking too much? I'm sipping sipping sipping - but then I get that full feeling/ cramping and have to stop. Any suggestions? And forget trying to eat! I had a small bite (as in TINY bite) of cheddar that I chewed to liquid and one Tablespoon of natural peanut butter (I regret that... but I don't have any mushy protein foods that I can eat!). The last time I ate was 9:30 p.m. (the peanut butter) and now I feel nauseous (it's 1 am). I have some discomfort - nothing horrible - but I can't sit up straight because it pulls on my belly. I cannot lay down flat either... I have to lay propped up which sucks. I am just uncomfortable. Is this normal? HOw soon until the pain from surgery goes away? I don't know exactly how to word my questions - but those are my issues and I guess I'm curious about whether or not I should be calling the doctor. I am NOT doubling over in pain or vomitting. Nothing like that. But it's hard to ge****er in - forget food! Is this normal? Thanks... carol L.
Tin K.
on 6/4/06 5:11 pm
I don't know the answers to your questions, but when in doubt, call the doc!! And I wanted to say CONGRATS!!! Glad to hear you're okay, and home and doing (mostly) well!! K
Carolyn L.
on 6/4/06 9:56 pm - Northborough, MA
I can't answer your questions - my surgery is still 15 days away - but congrats on making it to the losing side!! Everything you mention my nurses and doctor told me to expect. Try calling your surgeon and asking if they have a list of recommended foods. My surgeon's office gave me a book of foods I could eat and a ton of receipes. Be Well, Carolyn Surgery June 20th!!
Jeanna S.
on 6/5/06 3:56 am - Milwaukee, WI
Carol- I wanted to congratulate you as well. I hope that you have called your doctor to ask your questions. Being one of the first ones in the month is a little hard. Maybe also try asking on the Main board or the May board since they have recently had surgery. Keep us posted... Jeanna
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 627 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 721 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 805 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 658 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 714 views