Changed my life 06/06

Jerelyn M.
on 1/9/08 9:31 am - Middletown, NJ
RNY on 06/13/06 with
Hey everyone, Have not been on in a long time...Just want to see if I 'm the only one struggling with some relationship issues since surgery. Been feeling like I reserve more. So I was just wondering
Traci L.
on 1/20/08 8:57 pm - Henderson, NY
My poor DH.... I have so much saggy skin that I don't want to be seen in the buff. My sex drive seems to have really decreased anyway, too. Don't know if this is what you meant, but hope you don't feel alone! Traci
CyndiU
on 1/24/08 10:07 am - Hartford, SD
Thank you for sharing this...I've been on the Sex Before and After site hoping to get some answers and understanding, but they all seem to have increased sexual drive. I, like you, have found that my drive seems greatly decreased...and it is difficult for me. Poor DH, he is so patient and loving. And the saggy skin is doing a number on me also...part of me thinks I looked better fat (at least in the nude). I look much better clothed now - and feel so much better so I'm definately not regretting my decision. How are you doing with your weight. I've stopped losing and maintaining at 158 lbs lost. I was hoping to drop to 150, but am 10 lbs less than the doctors goal, so am OK with my loss. I am finding myself adopting some of my old habits - and am really working to "fix" them before they gt out of hand. Thanks for letting me rattle on. I wish our board was more active...oh well!
Gram
on 1/26/08 9:29 pm - Northern Lower, MI
Hi everyone. I too have found that I have lost my desire after surgery. I am not happy with all the sagging skin and worry hubby thinks I look worst then before. He tells me he doesnt but.... I wish this board was more active also. As for as my weight I am very happy with how well I have done but finding that old habits do come back. I have been slacking on the water and exercise and getting more in again. Sure hope spring gets here soon as I will be outside more. I just cant take the cold brrrrr. Well take care all and wishing you a very wonderful new year. Debbie Miers
oneblkdove
on 4/21/08 3:16 pm - Southern, CA
Quit wishsing and let's get active. I've been MIA for a while but I'm here now. I went through a point of running to bed before my DH so I realistically fake sleep, hopping out of bed early so I wouldn't have to tell him no. That went on for 2 weeks around 5 months out. I had no interest in sex/ making love. My hubby is so romantic and unpredictable I was just not feeling the primal urges.. He sat me down and fronted me on the issue and he asked me to have a talk w/ myself to find out what's going on. (This is going from 2x's a day to cold turkey)I realized I just needed time to get to know my body all over again. All the new little creases and folds. As you exercise and remember the real reason why we've had WLS, you'll know, and come to remember that the reason we took the road is because YOU LOVE YOURSELF!! It will get better!!
oneblkdove
on 4/22/08 11:35 am - Southern, CA
sorry...I thought this was 06/07..sorry..but you guys seem like a great bunch though..
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/08 3:00 am - Plano, TX
Sorry I am just now seeing this. I haven't been on in a while. My hubby and I have been having numorous marital issues. It is almost two years since my surgery and I have lost a total of 164 lbs. Men have started noticing me and flirting. My hubby has become more like a dictator and father figure, rather than a husband and lover. We are also struggling with the whole empty nest syndrome since our last child has left home. It has been very hard. Regardless of the saggy skin, I met a man who didn't care about that, and I ended up having an affair with him. I hurt his family and I hurt mine. My hubby and I are working through our problems, but there is so much damage that I don't know if we can recover from this. We've been married for 26 years. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure I still love him. This has been so hard and I don't know why I did it. It is all very sad.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 616 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 702 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 788 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 649 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 706 views