37 days and counting

charlotte K.
on 5/11/07 1:34 am - lewisport, KY
June 18th can't get here soon enough. I have started a count down. Have preop test, preadm test and card on May 24, Vascular and plum on June 1, Vacation on June 9. Will be gone to my sons for a week. Does everyone go on a preop diet? Other than the cleansing diet 3 days prior. I certainly hope Im not on a diet will I'm on vacation my daugher-in-law is such a good cook. Any help on this will be a great help char
wendybear1
on 5/11/07 4:14 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hi, Charlotte! I'm having my surgery June 22. I've had everything but the week-before testing done... It seems like forever! The restrictions I've been given are 1. don't gain any weight. 2. no alcohol or NSAID drugs (aspirin, aleve, ibuprophen) starting at two weeks before surgery. Otherwise, I can eat. I hope you get the same restrictions so you can enjoy! Wendy
PamelaK
on 5/13/07 2:31 am - Osceola, WI
Hey Charlotte...we're twins! I'm having RNY on the 18th! All surgeons are different in what they require as far as losing weight prior and what type of diet or no diet happens. I would think that they would have already given you that information. If you have questions, just call your surgeons office and talk to the nurse. My surgeon doesn't require a liquid diet pre-op, lots do. But, I've been put on the Atkins diet for 6 weeks to lose the weight I put on when I quit smoking. Lost 11, only have 9 to go in 5 weeks. Good Luck and enjoy your vacation! Take Care, Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Soo Where are you these days?
zlynnc · 2 replies · 836 views
any long term post-op issues?
Debbi S. · 0 replies · 1155 views
FOUR YEARS coming up!
Brian D. · 3 replies · 1289 views
Calories?
T. Howell · 1 replies · 832 views