OMG!!!!!!A wow moment before surgery....

FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 5/27/06 5:47 am - Altoona, IA
Hi All, This is my first time to this messageboard, but I frequent other forums on OH. I have a date of July 17, 2006 and I wanted to share that with this board also, seeing that this is the July surgeries board. I say I have a wow moment, because I was given 2 other surgery dates before 8/24/05 and 12/17/05. I cancelled 8/24 because I was going back to school and I did not have enough recovery time before the start, and my daughter and brother were involved in an accident on 12/15 and I was not in the right state of mind to have surgery, while worrying about their well being. No need to put all that worry on my mother alone. Anywho, before they gave me the first date, I was told to lose 15lbs before my surgery and I actually gained 15lbs. After beating myself up about the weight gain, I decided that it was time for me to work harder at losing the weight. It has been 4 months and I have lost 45lbs so far and to tell you the truth, I have not put any "real" effort towards doing it. I have went from 360lbs to 315lbs and I am ing for JOY and ing in the rain(it's raining here). I know the weight has to be accurate because I was in my birthday suit and hopped on the scale after my shower. I feel so good, having a WOW moment before my surgery. I thank GOD for helping me along the way in this journey, because I know it is GOD who is carrying me through this WLS journey. Thanks for the Love, Nissah 360/315/???/180 July 17th
Christina R.
on 5/27/06 10:46 pm - Reston, VA
Nissah- Welcome to the July 2006 board! Sounds like your journey has been an adventure so far! Continue keeping the faith and working on your pre-op weight loss! Christina S
Sariah B.
on 5/28/06 3:20 pm - Santa Clara, CA
The good times are gonna keep on rollin on thru your surgery and for years after!!! congrats on the preop wow moment and heres to many more Sariah
Chyanne2u
on 6/4/06 8:27 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hi Nissah, Congratulations on getting your date and finally getting to go through it. I am having my surgery on July 3rd. My journey hasn't been an easy one either. I started this last June with a visit to my NEW PCP. She suggested I consider WLS and recommended me to one doctor who I wasted 4 months with him before deciding on another Dr. I know without a doubt that God has His might hand in this decision. After all it was prayer that brought me to this decision in the first place. I had been praying that God would send me the help I needed to overcome my weight problem. A series of events took place that led me to a new PCP and from that to the first surgeon and after 4 months of them getting my paperwork wrong, I knew it was His will that I seek out another doctor. It is amazing how God always works things out that we don't know or see.....but then He knows everything and all things about everything. I now feel very good about my decision to go with Dr. Hutcher. He is considered the best in Central Virginia.......maybe even the entire state. I know I am in very good hands and everything is going to be fine. I will be nervous but I put my trust in my Father who is in control of all things. I will keep you in my prayers and you do the same for me. We are going through to the other side with God holding our hands. Lots of Love Kathy-28 days & counting
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/4/06 12:59 pm - ALTON, IL
Welcome to the board and congrats on your wow moment. I have to lose a total of 41 pounds before surgery. I have already lost 10 and need to lose 31 more. I believe God for the victory and know that I will have a new life on 7/5/06. Lurnia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 907 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views