I have a date!!!

Chyanne2u
on 6/3/06 1:21 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hi everyone, I am so happy to be able to say that finally after almost a complete year, I have been approved and have a date. My surgery date is July 3, 2006. I go for my pre-registration, pre-op testing, physical and all my classes on June 14th. Then I meet with my surgeon on June 22nd. It's going to be a very full month for me but that's a good thing because I am so antsy right now. Best of wishes to everyone that's starting their journey along with me. It's so wonderful to know that there are other's out here that are going through the samething as I am. My prayers and thoughts are with you all. Lots of Love Kathy-29 days & counting
Jezia
on 6/8/06 7:15 am - Duncanville, TX
Kathy, We are right there with you!!! Isn't it amazing, the time is coming, and this is actually going to happen!!!! Jezia
Chyanne2u
on 6/8/06 10:29 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Jezia, When is your date. And yes it is amazing after the long wait. Last June I first started on this path. I thought that I would have my surgery within 6-8 weeks. Boy was I mistaken. It's been a long road, sometimes bumpy, sometimes long & winding and there were even times when I knew I was lost because there were no road signs to be found. But in the end I was traveling the right direction and now I am almost there. I can see my destination in front of me. We will start our journey together and hopefully compare notes along the way. Tell me a little about yourself. As for me, I am married, 51 years old, 3 grown children, 1 stepson, 4 cats & 2 dogs. I love life but have become weary with this other person I am dragging along with me. I'm 5'9" tall and weigh in at about 300 lbs depending on the day, the time of day and the weather. LOL I love your name but not real sure how to prounouce it. Is it ja-zee-a. I am sure I have botched it up for sure. My e mail address is [email protected] Drop me a note and let's be friends in this WLS thing. As for me, I am always looking to make new friends. Lots of Love Kathy-24 days & counting til surgery
DESNANA2
on 6/9/06 12:56 pm - tucson, AZ
Chaynne, You sound just like me I can hardly belive my date is almost here. I also started my journey over a year ago. In April of this year I even had a surgety date schedule. I've had all my test and classes, except for pre-op. Then my insurances denied my request. I was so disappointed, but felt I had invested to much time and energy to give up. My aunt and I were trying to do it together. But she was approved before me and had her surgery on 04/18/06. She is doing great and has lost 35 lbs. in 6 wks. She had some problems with back and neck spasms a couple of weeks after surgery. So she was kinda feeling miserable and depressed. but once that passed she started to feel alot better. I'm really glad now that she had it ahead of me, because I pretty much know what to expect now. She will be a great support for me. Your day will come before you know it and you to will began this new chapter in our lives. I look at it as a new lease on the 2 nd have of my life. You hang in there and keep the faith. Keep in touch. You can e-mail. Love to hear from you. \Kathi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 908 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views