20 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY!!!!!!!

crispycritter
on 6/21/06 1:40 am - Rossville, GA
Hi everyone!! Hope everybody is doing great so far. I just looked at the calendar and realized I have 20 days until the surgery (July 11th). I'm so excited!!!! Hope it goes by fast. Yesterday I had a bit of some irritating news. The nurse from Dr. Rutledges' office called to let me know that the lady I went to see for my psych eval isn't a licensed pychologist instead she is a licensed social worker. I went through my EAP coordinator at work so I could use one of my EAP visits that our company pays for and trusted her when I told her it had to be a licensed pychologist. So I went back and talked to the other EAP coordinator and she was able to get me an appointment with a licensed pychologist next week. Plus she isn't going to have the last appointment count against my 6 visits we are allowed a year. What is nice, the licensed pychologist usually charges more than what we pay for a visit, so they are going to use 3 of my visits for this one. That way I don't have to pay out of pocket. Trying to save some money by using my EAP benefits through work. So Monday I have to go over before work and take a test that last about 2 hours, then meet with the pyschologist on Thursday. I just hope I don't screw up the test and then not be cleared for surgery. Has anyone else had to take a test? If so, is it something that I should worry over? I just really want to have this surgery and be able to have a healthy life. Thanks for listening to me rant. Take care everyone!!! Chris
DESNANA2
on 6/21/06 2:14 am - tucson, AZ
Christine, The test was no big deal. Just take your time and think about your answers. All they want to know is if your mentally ready for surgery and that your informed and understand how it will change your life. I did have a little set back after my visit.The pysch. told me that maybe I should see my pcp to have my anti depression meds increased. Because I mentioned that I had been feeling a little down. Well I forgot about it,because I started to fell better.Then they called and said I had to see my pcp and have her make an evaluation. So I did and she thought I was fine and did'nt need to adjust anything. So just becareful what you say and follow through with anything they tell you to do. you'll be fine I'm sure. 27 days and counting!!!!!!!!! Kathi
crispycritter
on 6/21/06 11:41 am - Rossville, GA
Thanks Kathi. I appreciate your help. I wish you the best with your surgery and afterwards. I can't wait to be on the losing side. Chris
Jezia
on 6/21/06 3:21 am - Duncanville, TX
I'm right there with you, Chris! 20 days until surgery, and 17 days until I leave for Brazil . . . I am SO excited!!! As far as the psychological goes, I did not have a test, just a list of questions that had to be answered. It was a breeze. Bright blessings, Jezia
crispycritter
on 6/21/06 11:32 am - Rossville, GA
Thanks Jezia. What part of Brazil are you going to? I hope you will have a safe trip. How long do you have to stay there after the surgery? I'm glad that we are starting new lives on the same day. Take care. Chris
ldeihl
on 6/21/06 8:58 am - Chandler, AZ
Chris, My surgery is also on July 11th, I remember the test well. It is a lot about how you feel about your weight and things in general. Just think of how any answer can be interpreted from the psychologists perspecitve. What she told me when I had mine is that they are trying to make sure you understand that the surgery is a lifetime commitment and that you are not doing it for the wrong reasons. I heard that one lady was trying to have the surgery because her husband had had an affair with a much younger and thinner woman and she wanted to win him back. Well, she was denied and I don't know if she ever did get the surgery but that is not a good reason. I just answered the questions to the tune of wanting to feel better and get healthy. I was doing it for me and no one else. I was surprised when she said I was okay. whoooosh. ; - ) Lupe
crispycritter
on 6/21/06 11:38 am - Rossville, GA
Thanks for your help Lupe. I appreciate it. I guess I'm just stressing too much over this. I need to do like what you said. Wish me luck next week. Good luck to you on the 11th. You (and everyone else) will be in prayers. Take care Chris
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 3:13 am - Wartburg, TN
Chris, The test is really to see if you know about the surgery, the side effects, and risks, and that you are not having it to be "pretty", but to improve your health. I don't know of anyone who has not passed it. Don't worry bout it Your said you just want a healthy life and that is what they want to know. Woohoo! You'll soon be on the losing side! Jaime
crispycritter
on 6/23/06 5:39 am - Rossville, GA
Thanks Jaime. I guess I just needed a little reassurance. I appreciate it!!! Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 908 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views