Pre-op Testing

everydaymom
on 6/22/06 6:11 am - Huntington Beach, CA
RNY on 07/07/06 with
Hello Everyone! This is my first time posting. I had my Pre-op testing yesterday, so now I'm just waiting for July 10th to get here. Is it just me or is Barium the most disgusting thing on the planet??? Did anyone else poop out gray clay the next day? Probably way too much information! LOL For me the Pre-op was like fopreplay and all I want to do is hop on that table & get on with it already!!! ~Tina
Jezia
on 6/22/06 7:04 am - Duncanville, TX
You are too funny, Tina! I have had all the preop stuff except the sonogram and endoscope, which will be done the day before surgery. Yep, I agree, enough with the foreplay already! Jezia
NicoleC
on 6/22/06 7:12 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Too funny! I don't need to have a barium swallow pre or post op but I have had them in the past and you do poop the gray clay the next day. I know what you mean about wanting it to be over with. It will be here before you know it. Nicole
Diminishing Dawn
on 6/23/06 9:37 am - Windsor, Canada
I did not have that done. I had a chest xray, gallbladder ultrasound, oximetry, ekg, ..but did not have to do any kind of swallowing test. Dawn
blumissy
on 6/23/06 2:13 pm - Loveland, CO
Hi Tina, What a great sense of humor! I will think of you when I go for some testing on Tuesday! Thanks for the laugh. Your day is getting close! Good luck Dee
everydaymom
on 6/24/06 4:43 am - Huntington Beach, CA
RNY on 07/07/06 with
It's wierd that everyone has to have different types of things done for the pre-op. I also had alot of bloodwork done, a chest x-ray, pregnancy test, & gallbladder ultrasound. I've cut out caffeine and I have a headache today & I can't take Advil. Is it July 10th yet???
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/06 11:04 am
I didn't have to do any barium type tests, but I had other yucky stuff. I had to get an endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy (opposite end of endoscopy- yech!) back in March. I went yesterday for my last minute tests, blood work, chest xray, and ekg. I had already done the xray and ekg back in December, but have been waiting so long for surgery that they had to be done again because it has been 6 months since the last ones were done.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 908 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views