Need a partner for July 13?

Pubear
on 6/24/06 4:19 am
I am having surgery on July 13 and was looking for anyone with the same date. I nervous as the date draws near but I know this is a healthy decision for me. For all of you July losers, I will keep you in my prayers as we go on this ride to healthy living. CONGRATULATIONS!
Michele M.
on 6/24/06 8:14 am - Crystal Lake, IL
Hi hon mine is the day after yours on the 14th at 7:30 in the morning. I know this is the right decision too I just got my date Friday along with my approval on Thursday so everything is going a little fast for me so that kind of makes it a little more nerve racking.
NancyRudolf
on 6/24/06 3:37 pm - Roseburg, OR
Hi Dee My surgery is the 13th in Curitiba, Brazil. This is the best decision I have ever made...and I'm going to wear my scar proudly, it will be my Life Scar!! Everything will be just fine. Remember, this is a life change and WLS is a tool. Good luck! Nancy
Pubear
on 6/25/06 12:36 pm
Hey Nancy, I will keep you in my prayers as we both venture on the losing side together. My surgery is not until 1:00 pm California time. Therefore, you will be out way before me.
lisaph2
on 6/25/06 10:27 am - Conway, AR
My surgery date is also the 13th. I'll have it near home, in Little Rock, Arkansas. Good luck all!
Pubear
on 6/27/06 4:49 am
Hey Lisa, The date is approaching fast. Are you required to do a liquid diet just prior? I have to do a 2 week pre-op liquid diet that starts this Thursday. This will be hard but I will survive. Well keep in touch as we both venture on the losing side together JULY 13TH!
lisaph2
on 6/27/06 6:16 am - Conway, AR
I do have to do the dreaded liquid diet too, starting this Friday. Have to shrink that liver. Do you know what product you're going to use?
Pubear
on 6/27/06 6:34 am
I ordered protein samples from unjury.com and they will be here on Thursday. Unfortunately I am not only a picky eater (i became fat on breads, pasta, CARBS) lol, but I am also very picky about what I drink. So far I have not been able to stomach the Designer Protein Whey in Strawberry and Vanilla and also the Bioplex Pure Whey that I purchased at GNC. All are NASTY I am hoping that I will be able to tolerate something from the samples that I ordered. A suggestion was made for me to try Isopure and also Whey Gourmet protein drink that you can purchase from http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/buy/PVL/whey_gourmet?utm_id=1&utm_term=Whey+Gourmet Let me know if it works, I will keep you posted.
AmyS
on 6/28/06 12:30 pm - ME
Hi, I was given chocolate, vanilla and strawberry Unjury by a friend and I have to say that I'm really liking vanilla mixed with sugar-free Carnation breakfast drink. The strawberry is kinda gaggy, but I'm going to try mixing it in some jello. Chocolate is great - I don't even taste that chemically medical taste some powders have. Amy S
AmyS
on 6/28/06 12:27 pm - ME
Hi, My date is the 13th also. I'm so ready for this change in my life! I teach school and the day after school got out (June 13th) I started my "getting ready for surgery" campagn. I'm walking 2 miles a day - sometimes it takes me a few outings to get that far ;) I've also started a self-imposed "liquid" diet. Breakfast and lunch are liquid then supper is something light and low-fat. My doctor only requires a week of liquid diet, but I'm nervous about getting through surgery so I started sooner. Good luck! Amy S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 908 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views