how have you done losing wt pre-op???

Elizak8smom
on 6/24/06 6:56 am - Albertville, AL
I have lost and gained the same 5-8 pounds over the last 2 months. I have 12 days til surgery. I have tried. And yes, I have cheated...some here and there. How have you all done? I am worried about my liver!! Am I the only failure?
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/06 10:58 am
I lost more than my pre-op goal of 31 lbs to be safe, because I don't want to get to my date and be cancelled for gaining weight. I was 326 lbs when I started my pre-op diet and I am 273 lbs. I was told I had to be 295 to get surgery. I stayed on the diet because I didn't want to have any worries if I gained some back, so I gave myself over 20 lbs for a cushion. I am still SLOWLY losing for the last month or so, because I have not stuck to my 1200 calorie a day diet and have cheated here and there, but I am still way under pre-op goal and have not gained anything. It is hard to stick to the diet, so I know where you are coming from.
Elizak8smom
on 6/26/06 7:12 am - Albertville, AL
I am glad you have done so well. Send some of that will power my way!! I do great through the week...it's the weekend that gets me!! Too many temptations and too much time on my hands!
Lurnia Marie I.
on 6/26/06 12:43 am - ALTON, IL
I'm suppose to get down to 375 from 425 and as of last week I was down to 388, I'm a little worried as I only have 8 more days. I'm stepping up the walking and including steps and praying really hard. Lurnia
Elizak8smom
on 6/26/06 7:15 am - Albertville, AL
From the posts of yours that I have seen, sounds like you are doing well. Best of luck to you and God Bless!
lauried
on 6/26/06 3:11 am - Barrie, Canada
Hey, We have the same date! An the same problem! I have lost a few pounds but gained them ALL back. Now there's only 10 days left and I have to take off 10 pounds. Now I'm freaking out. I'm worried about my liver too! Laurie
Elizak8smom
on 6/26/06 7:18 am - Albertville, AL
I have talked to some others who are post-ops who said they didn't lose any before and still had their surgery go fine. I was so worried about my liver being too big. I am going to try to be good for these last few days still though.
Jezia
on 6/27/06 4:02 am - Duncanville, TX
Sweetie, I have GAINED at least 15 lbs! Of course, I have had 6 months to do that in. My surgeon does not require losing any weight before surgery, thank goodness! Jezia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 908 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views