it's July 17th for me!

Jandell
on 7/3/06 6:13 am - Glendora, CA
Hi Julie, Welcome to the 17th! I'm also on the 17th and started my liquid diet today. It's not so bad ... well I started a modifed version last week, so maybe that made it easier! !4 days till we're really sitting on the loser's bench! Jan
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:17 pm - Tacoma, WA
OOps, Jan, I replied to Tina on your thingy, but I wanted to say thank you for writing and I don't think the diet is so bad either. I'm so excited, just don't want to do anything that will interfere with having the surgery. I'm more scared of NOT having it that having it, if you know what I mean. Yes, 14 days, I can't believe it! I've been trying to make myself do this for at least 5 years.! Julie
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:14 pm - Tacoma, WA
Tina, It is really strange how they are all different, and after is even more so it seems, some on clear liquids for 2 weeks, some start soft foods right away. It feels like we are all just part of some big experiment. I'm sure you will do fantastic! Julie
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:24 pm - Tacoma, WA
Tina, Thank you for writing, I accidentally replied to someone else when I meant to be replying to you. It is so strange how we all are on different plans. I think it has a lot to do with what the surgeon has had success with. That makes me feel good. I like success. :0 Julie
sandisoh
on 7/3/06 10:15 am - WHITINSVILLE, MA
I haven't heard about the liquid diet....When will I hear about that? I should start one right after the 4th anyway!!! LOL. I want to be ready. Mine is July 17th as well...wowza 2 weeks. I am SOOO Excited Sandi in Massachusetts.
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:21 pm - Tacoma, WA
Sandi, Some doctors don't require you to do anything but show up for the surgery. I'm dangerously overweight, so I'm glad they are making me jump through some hoops. I want to be as safe as possible. They have you go on a liquid diet to make your liver more pliable so that they can retract it and get to your stomach. I'm sure I've got a big old fatty liver, so I'm trying to make as much room for the doc as possible. :0 I'm excited as weel, I just want it to be over. I promise I won't complain if I can just live through it and lose some weight so I can move again. I'll be thinking of you too on that morning. Julie
sandisoh
on 7/3/06 1:44 pm - WHITINSVILLE, MA
Hi Julie! Everything is actually going to work out for us both. There is something peaceful about this new beginning...almost angelic. I will be thinking of you too! We are both blessed to have this great tool! Can you please send me the instructions for your liquid diet??? I would LOVE to do that as well...it will help me get through some of my hungry horrors and my surgeon will love it too. Thank you so much Julie God is with us both sandi in MA.
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 7/4/06 1:36 am - Altoona, IA
Hi Julie, Praises be to GOD and prayers going up, that you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. I pray that the tool that you are given works out just for you and with the success that you have prayed for. I too, go for my pre-op appointment on Thursday 7/6, but no liquid diet for me. I am sure it will come up on thursday, but I am going to wait until then. I can't eat or drink after Midnight, so thats a bummer for me. But otherwise we are surgery, twins, July 17th @11a for me. Stay Blessed......Nissah 360/313/???/180 12 days and counting....
rebeka C.
on 7/4/06 11:42 am - SC
Dang! I can't believe how many of us are having surgery on the 17th!!! I have my pre-op this coming friday, that's at the hospital, then on the 12th, I go for a HNP, pt education and another nutrition class. I start my liquid diet on the 7th as well. Wow!! Less than 2 weeks ladies!!!!!!
Pamula
on 7/5/06 3:15 am - Quantico, VA
I am also on the 17th, I start liquids the friday before.. There are alot of us!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 924 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1015 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 961 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1053 views