it's July 17th for me!

julieinwa
on 7/2/06 7:40 am - Tacoma, WA
I'm going in for my pre-op appt on thursday, on the liquid diet now, (killer!) and hoping everything will go right so I can have my surgery on the 17th as scheduled. I'm haing anxiety, but dealing with it. Julie in WA
agentry32
on 7/2/06 9:56 am - Greensburg, KY
Hi Julie, My name is Amy and I live in KY. I am having surgery on July 25 and I am also getting pretty anxious. I can't wait to change my life but I am also pretty nervous. I belive that things will go fine for both of us though. I will keep you in my prayers. You hang in here...
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:04 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Amy! I mostly feel confident that everything will go well and I know it will for you, thanks for writing! Julie
psychonurse
on 7/2/06 9:59 am - Hermiston, OR
Wow you are already on the liquid diet??? I don't have to start on mine until 3 days before my surgery which isn't for a couple of weeks. I will be praying for you keep your chin up and I know that things will go great for you...Sonya
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:07 pm - Tacoma, WA
Sonya, Yes, the Wish Center makes you go on an 8 week "practice diet" which is practicing eating slowly and without liquids 30 mins before and after, and then two weeks of a modified liquid diet. I can have some lean protein, but mostly protein shakes. I am SO ready for this that it's not that hard so far. Thanks for the prayers and I will be thinking of you too. Julie
Yvette G.
on 7/2/06 11:06 am - San Mateo, CA
Im the 17th too, my pre-op with my doctor is Friday, and my hospitatal pre op is on the 12th. I don't think I have to do a liquid diet. I guess I will find out on Friday. I am trying to only think about the positive thoughts and block the bad out. We are going to do great!!! Best wishes to you!!!
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:09 pm - Tacoma, WA
Yvette, Wow, it's nice to know someone else is having it on the same day as me. We'll have to keep in touch on how we are doing. Best Wishes to you too! Julie
Diane M.
on 7/2/06 1:43 pm - western, MI
Hey Julie, I have to start my liquid diet tomorrow. I am the 17th as well. Some of these lucky people don't have the liquid diet phase as long as we do. Lucky!!!!!!! I have anxiety too. That is natural. You can do it girl. Best of luck! Diane
julieinwa
on 7/3/06 12:12 pm - Tacoma, WA
Diane, It's not that bad so far. I can have string cheese and lean meats too and plain veggies. I have a long way to go and I'm sure every pound I lose will help me have a safer surgery. That's a good motivator. I'll be thinking of you when I go in on the 17th too! Julie
jamesong5
on 7/3/06 1:00 am - Santa Claus, IN
Hi Julie! Mine is on the 17th sounds like it will be a great re-birthday for quite a few of us. You know I don't have to do any special until the day before. That's weird how they are all so different. Well anyways..... Good Luck & See Ya on the Otherside Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views