HELP 4 DAYS!!!!!!

mel-in-NJ
on 7/2/06 12:14 pm - Salem, NJ
I am sceduled for surgery in 4 more days. I am so scared, happy, anxious, did i mention scared?? Help i need some encouragement. I am starting to freak out.
lovey063
on 7/2/06 12:56 pm - Bowie, MD
Hi Melinda, I certainly understand!!! I posted pretty much this same post about 8 or 9 posts below yours. There are some really insightful, thoughtful, supportive people *****sponded. Check out the messages they shared. You'll be fine. Just zap those scared, anxious thoughts right out of your mind and go do something to relax! Take care, Sue PS: I'm gonna print this post and when I get the next anxious wave of emotions, I'll take my own advice!! This is such a wild ride!
belmemon
on 7/3/06 10:58 am - Dodge City, KS
Hi Melinda, I feel the exact same way you do. My surgery is on the 10th. My kids are even starting to notice that I'm scared. I don't want them to worry about me. Any advice to give children to help put their minds at ease?
mel-in-NJ
on 7/3/06 12:34 pm - Salem, NJ
We are definately in the same boat. My sisters are 15 and i can tell that they are seeing my fear. My one sister keeps giving me hugs and kisses and wont leave my side, she says she's going to stay with me at the hosptial. I just give her all the love i can and then tell her i will be just fine. Which is what we both want to hear. I think its only natural to feel so afraid before such a big surgery. THIS IS THE END OF BEING MORBIDLY OBESE!!!!!! Large tops here i come!!!! Look out Victorias Secret I'm coming to stock up!! lol
mistywallace
on 7/3/06 3:12 pm - moody, AL
hi my surgery is the 10th as well. i have prayed and had other to pray for me and i feel at peace now. i have kids ages 5 and 11 and they are very supportive. althought my 5 yr old doesnt really know what surgery is all about. thanks and i hope you find peace and im sure you will do just fine misty
Kate J.
on 7/3/06 9:34 pm - Hampton, VA
I hear you! Last night I went to the movies and ended up crying at a preview! I don't have a lot of time to think about being scared, but it's always right there, just waiting to pop up at the least little opportunity! I've been taking a deep breath and reminding myself how much scarrier the long term consequences of remaining fat are! Good luck, you have made the right choice! Kate
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 10:30 pm - Wartburg, TN
Just two more days now, sweetie!! It will all be okay, lots of prayer going up for you, just enjoy all the wonderful pain meds afterwards, lol! Blessings, Jaime (keep us posted on your progress!)
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 7/4/06 1:29 am - Altoona, IA
Hi Melinda, Praises be to GOD and prayers going up, that you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. I pray that the tool that you are given works out just for you and with the success that you have prayed for. Stay Blessed......Nissah 360/313/???/180 12 days and counting....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views