I took the pictures!!!

lovey063
on 7/2/06 12:37 pm - Bowie, MD
Yes, I finally took my pre-op pictures!!!!! My Nut and Therapist thought it would be a good body image assignment to take them. OMG was it a shocker to see for the first time how fat I really am and how it is all distributed!!!!! I wore a bathing suit and my girlfriend of 20+ years was there to take the pictures and for moral support. It's really weird...I know in my head how obese I am, or morbidly obese (I hate saying that, however, that's what I am!!), but I don't feel like the girl in those pictures. It was actually affirming to see the pictures of the real me; it's easier to accept that I need help in getting my weight under control. I need this WLS!!! It's hard to ignore what's right in front of your face in a picture, but I sure was good at ignoring it day to day. While this was a painful assignment, I learned a lot about myself. Those Nut and therapist maybe know what they are doing!!! Take care, Sue
MamaPea
on 7/3/06 6:25 am - ethridge, TN
Sue, I'm right behind you for the surgery. Mine is 07/10/06. I haven't taken any pictures yet. I just can't bring myself to do it. It's great that you had the courage to do it. Maybe they will be a great incentive to you..........Terry
lovey063
on 7/4/06 12:01 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Terry, Believe me, it took a long time to work up the courage to be photographed in a bathing suit!!!!! But you're right, it's just a springboard for what's to come. That is the good news!! Good luck to you and "Just Do It", take the pictures! I figure that's just the wrapping anyway, the good stuff is deep inside! Take care, Sue
MamaPea
on 7/4/06 2:13 am - ethridge, TN
You're right. I love that......"just a springboard for what's to come". And the ugly wrapping will come off soon and we will be able to see the great gift inside!!! I plan to do the pictures this weekend before my surgery Monday. Hey!!! It just hit me. My surgery is MONDAY!!!!!!............Terry
Kate J.
on 7/3/06 9:29 pm - Hampton, VA
I know how you feel! I had my husband take mine, and then I thought "what the heck let's do some black and white ones in the nude." They are so scary!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It's almost like I had reverse anorexia, I really thought, even though I was too fat that I looked pretty cute, just extra big! Good luck, and good for you getting help and doing the hard work beating this condition takes! Kate
lovey063
on 7/4/06 12:18 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Kate, Wow!!!!!! In the buff??? You really are a brave soul!!!! And you must have a pretty good body image, good for you!!! That's the stuff I'm working on, appreciating my body right where I am now and not ignoring it. Plus I have some mileage - carrying two baby boys (not at the same time) who delivered nearly 9 lbs each! That's gotta change a girls anatomy some!!!! I hope all goes well with your surgery. If you're having this much fun with your hubby now, just think how much energy you'll have a year or so from now!!! Watch out!!! Take care, Sue
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/06 10:27 pm - Wartburg, TN
Oh Sue, so glad you got that over with! I'm trying to get up the nerve to do mine, not sure what to wear though. Did you wear a one piece or a two piece swimsuit? Jeesh, this is the first time that I have tried to wear something to show off just how really fat I am, lol! Jaime
lovey063
on 7/4/06 12:31 am - Bowie, MD
Hi Jaime, I wore a one piece bathing suit - front, side and back views!!!! I know about trying to hide all that flesh, so it was uncomfortable to "show it off" so to speak. I think I just got that "Just do it" attitude, a digital camera and my best friend for support. There aren't too many other people in the world that I would let look through the lense of a camera at my big self. But now that's done, on we go!! Good luck to you in working up the nerve, you can do it!!! What do they say..."it ain't nothin but a thang girl!!" We have much harder stuff to concentrate on now - ONWARD... Take care, Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views