well my surgery got cancelled!!

sondz2006
on 7/5/06 6:49 am - Pueblo, CO
I got to the hospital, they took blood from me which they had a hard time doing, and they put my iv in and the nurse that did that blew my vein, pretty painful!! My surgery got cancelled because my surgeon had an emergency case to take care of and he didn't know how long it was going to be. so i'm rescheduled for next wednesday the 12th at 715 a.m. just thought i'd let everyone know~ Sondra
BobbieLynn
on 7/5/06 8:27 am - Hutchins, TX
(((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) Sondra, Now we have the same surgery date at almost the same time. Mine is at 6:45. You will SOOOOOOOOO be in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is discouraging, but just think, next week hopefully you will have a new nurse who will do a better job. BOBBIE LYNN
Noahsarksd
on 7/5/06 9:28 am - Rapid City, SD
That must be so frustrating! I guess I had never thought of something like that coming up and delaying the surgery.
blumissy
on 7/5/06 12:00 pm - Loveland, CO
Hi Sondra, I am sorry to hear that your date is changed. I hope that the next nurse does a better job. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Dee
NicoleC
on 7/5/06 12:20 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
Oh my goodness! You must be horrified. I'm so sorry! I hope it all goes smoothly on the 12th. Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/06 2:45 pm - Wartburg, TN
Hey Sondra, I believe in Providence and there was a good reason that God didn't want you to have surgery that day. Maybe the OR nurse had a hangover, the doc didn't get any sleep the night before, or something crazy like that, lol! Rest assured that you are having surgery on the day you are supposed to be. Blessings, Jaime
Redhaired
on 7/5/06 3:43 pm - Mouseville, FL
I hope everything goes smoothly for you the second time around -- including the bowel prep (hehehehehe). I know, I know I will get mine !!! Seriously I cannot imagine how disappointed and upset you were, but it is good to know that your surgeon would put you first if you really needed him --right? So go out and have a Krispy Kreme and some pork Lo Mein and use this time you have to get those things done that you didn't you would be able to do. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Red
M. Pickler
on 7/5/06 9:23 pm
Words can not express how you feel I bet. I could not imagine! I have been through five surgeries in a year time from an automobile accident and I can understand gitters and nervous before its time...... But, to be stopped I think I would cry.... I feel for you and am here if you need someone...
Christina R.
on 7/5/06 9:49 pm - Reston, VA
Sondra- Think positive! You weren't cancelled, you were rescheduled. Everything happens for a reason....sometimes we have a hard time knowing that reason right away, but hopefully you'll know at some point. Stay encouraged.... Chrisitna S
Amber B.
on 7/6/06 4:23 am - Virginia Beach, VA
So sorry to hear that, the waiting is driving me crazy. Stay busy in the mean time!!! It's coming soon, Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views