***~~ So have you shopped yet? Help please~` I have ?? And comments....~~***

M. Pickler
on 7/7/06 2:46 am
Hey everyone!!!!!!! How are you all today? I am nervous and excited to get this new life started.... Did you shop yet? I got a robe and I need slippers. I cant bend down now let alone when I have had surgery.... So what are the best protien things to get out there? What have you got or know about to get food wise??/ I am meeting with my doctor on Monday and want to have things in order... Any help would be wonderful! I started doing more for me..I think its mental for me that I know I am gonna start feelin better......... Have a great day today and email me when you get a min...I love to chat! Melissa
Jandell
on 7/7/06 4:05 am - Glendora, CA
Hey Melissa, I also got a light weight robe for my hall walking. My surgery is a couple days before yours on the 17th. My Dr requires a 2 weeks liquid diet before surgery to help shrink your liver. So I had been on the protein hunt for awhile. Started my liquid diet last Monday. I really like ISOpure drinks, they aren't the thick shakes, more like a weak kool-aid with a sour kick to them, 40 grams of protein per bottle. Yesterday I also tried Nectar Roadside Lemonade, and thought it needed something so I added a to-go packet of Crystal light lemonade and boy was it good! The thicker protein drinks make me gag, so it was nice to find something I can really live with and enjoy. Janet
englishlady1
on 7/7/06 11:36 am - Noblesville, IN
Hi, Melissa. I'm down to 5 days...7/12. Do you have your vitamins--b12 (dissolvable), multivitamin (chewable), b1 (small tablet) and calcium supplements (Viactiv)? My nut is absolutely resolute that I start them sooner rather than later. Everyone says bring chapstick, so I dug out a tube. I also made up some "meals" of jello and put them in individual 2 oz containers for the pre-op diet my doctor will have me on (for one day!). I figure right before I go in I'll make up a few more, so when I get home I don't have to "cook." My nut has me on liquids (and semi-soft foods) for the first six weeks post-op, so I've been stocking up on Crystal Light and I got the Nectar variety pack. Oh...and I scheduled a pedicure for the day before--the full works, massage-parafin-etc.--and wrote a few love letters to my husband to have him "find" around the house in the few days I'll be gone, mostly telling him not to worry and to get ready to keep up with his soon to be sex(ier) wife! Good luck and stay in touch. I find the more we share ideas, the more questions we have, but that's a good thing IMHO. EL
Mariah
on 7/7/06 4:16 pm - Richmond, IN
EL, I did that too. My surgery is on Wed July 12. On monday I scheduled a hair cut and color in the morning. Then the afternoon I scheduled a massage and a pedicure. Im having a total day of spoiling myself. I have a few boxes of food stocked up so far. Lots of protien drinks the clear ones and several huge canisters of different flavored protien powders. I got sugar free low carb mints for all the bad breath they say u have. I have oatmeal and cream of wheat. I have sugar free puddings and sf jello the jugs of water. Also a few sippy cups and baby spoons. Chap stick too. I want to write my wonderful husband, my parents and my best friend a letter. Probably my neice and nephew too just incase something happens. Just havent gotton around to that yet. Each day is getting more and more emotional so I better do it soon or I wont be able to the day before. I still want to go and get a few baby foods too. Im going tomorrow for some new clothes a size or two smaller so when I ready to go back to work in a few weeks I'll have something in case I dont feel like shopping then. Sunday Im going to pack for me and my husband. The hospital is 2 hrs from our house so he will be staying with me. Then my mom will be staying with me for a week or two to keep me walking. I know me and that I'll need someone pushing me at first till I get in the swing of things. Im not taking any chances. If I dont have a problem getting the walking in then I'll let her off the hook early....lol Last but not least I want to thank all of you nice ppl that posted such wonderful wishes on my surgery page. Mariah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 916 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1011 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 955 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1045 views