My surgery is 7/11 and I am

A. Thompson
on 7/8/06 12:25 pm - Winder, GA
TERRIFIED suddenly. I have been so excited. And, I still am. But, I am starting to get scared. I don't know why. Someone please tell me they are feeling the same too and this is normal!!!! I have been reading some of these posts of success stories and I think I am terrified that I won't "live up to the expectations". KWIM? I am not concerned about my surgeon at all. Or the hospital. My children and hubby are excited for me with the surgery. I guess I am such a people pleaser that I am jsut terrified I won't be a good story for the long term success. I know..it wll be fine but wow...I dont' know if I will sleep in the next few days. I went today for my "last eat out" and had chinese. I LOVE chinese food but today, it didn't even seem good. It was ok, but just not as good as I hoped. I was too nervous thinking that I wouldn't be able to do the Chinese buffet again. And, I couldn't eat any dessert...too guilty! I have had a migraine for days...stress. My house is a mess and I wanted it clean before I went to the hospital. WHEW! I am a stressing fool! Is anyone else feeling this way? I am too nervous to pack my hospital bag! I might just throw it in a garbage bag running out of the house !LOL Please tell me I am not alone and this is normal. Angie P.S. Sorry I should intro myself. I am 34 years old, married with two wonderful children (boys ages 10 and 6 years). I have been researching this surgery for over 5 years and fighting with insurance. I finally got a 100% payment approval.
blumissy
on 7/8/06 1:52 pm - Loveland, CO
Hi Angie, Welcome to the July Board! You are not alone in your feelings. I think everyone is having them to one degree or another. I know my emotions are all over the place. I am scheduled for the 18th and I have a few more tests to be set for surgery. I was originally scheduled for June 22, but due to labs, it was changed. So, I am hoping that my labs will be ok this week! Many have said that they were real nervous until right before going into the operating room and then they are at peace. Don't worry, you are completely normal! Hugs, Dee
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/06 2:52 pm - Wartburg, TN
Angie, I have been perusing these boards for about 3 years, and almost every single person posts a similar post to yours right before their surgery. By the day of surgery it will pass and you will be exited about it again. And everyone is different, have different boides that react differently to surgery, have surgery for different reasons. So don't compare yourself to others or try to live up to their goals and plans, just make your own and be happy Praying for you, Jaime
penelope78
on 7/8/06 8:35 pm - Fresno, CA
i feel the same way. my surgery is 7/19 and i feel like......i don't even know. I totally feel like i isn't going to work for me. I will be one of the odd ones who fail. I am a total mess. We have to have faith and give it our best shot. Follow the rules and work your butt off. Good luck!
BobbieLynn
on 7/9/06 12:54 am - Hutchins, TX
That is my biggest fear.. not of the pain, ( I have had pain before)... not of dying..( I would get to see my Daddy again).... but of going through all of this and then NOT being successful. Wow.. the phrase "people pleaser" THAT'S IT!!! I didn't want to tell anyone about the surgery because of the fear of not being a success. My husband told EVERYONE......I wanted to do this for myself, but now somehow I feel it is now for other people. They will be watching me and judging me if I don't eat right or don't lose weight fast enough. Is is because maybe I have been on the other side of judgemental of people who had the surgery before I knew all about it? HUMMMM, yea I admit, I have. ::hanging head::....... I never knew what a total lifestyle commitment this is..... Maybe a part of me was a tad bit jealous that they were able at that time to have the surgery and I wasn't at a place that I was ready to give control over like that. All I can say is today is a new day and I must face it as a new person. I have to let go of what was behind and face today and tomorrow and Tuesday and WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Wednesday is my surgery day... Wow!!! When I got approval it seemed so far away, now it is really here..... I have been so excited I havent' had time to be nervous.... until today... Can we please just hold each other's hands..... I am thinking I need to find something to keep me really busy the next three days. I think everyone has different nervousness, some about the pain, some about death, others about not being successful ..etc. But in some way we are all nervous. Part of mine is not being in control too. I am just wondering how long I will be down. When can I take charge again, and drive myself and not have to depend on anyone. EEEKS!!!!! I have to let go... and let God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All July Board members and in my thoughts and prayers. But especially those this week... Everyone please remember Jezia.. she is in Brazil today and awaiting surgery on Tuesday. Bobbie Lynn
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/06 4:21 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Angie, I am really excited and a little scared also. My surgery is 7/11 also. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. You will do great just put a little faith in your self and the rest will coem easy.
Boss_Lady_06
on 7/9/06 4:44 am - Dallas, TX
Angie, you are not alone. I believe everyone has those same feelings. My surgery is 7/11 and I was a basket case two days ago. It was crazy! I think I would be nevous regardless of the the type of surgery, because I have never had surgery before. I finally just had to say, "Let go and let God!" I mean I said it several times out loud. Once I said it, I felt so much better. I have been contemplating this and researching for 3 years and I don't believe God would allow me to do it if it was not the right thing for me. I am not doing it for vanity...It is for health reasons and for my family. I too thought I would just totally pig out prior to surgery, but it is the total opposite. Mexican food is my favorite and when I had my last Mexican meal, it was just like any other meal. I really think it is a good sign I don't feel like I should eat everything in sight before surgery. That just confims I am ready to start my new life! I wil keep everyone in my prayers!!!!
5150soccermom
on 7/9/06 12:43 pm - NEVERLAND W/TINKERBELL, CA
Hey Angie, I am scheduled for July 11th as well. It is perfectley normal to have changing emotions. I am an emotional wreck one minute I am laughing and the next crying (which is totally out of character for me). Feel lucky,,,my doctor put me on a protein diet 2 weeks ago so I wish I were out at the chinese buffet with you!! Don't worry about anything, your house will be there when you get back and hopefully your family will clean it....if not thats okay too. I have come to the realization that I must deal with this like "alcoholics" do their addictions,,,one step at a time. 2 weeks ago it was a day at a time,,,at this moment its minutes at a time. I am just trying to relax and think about me and what I will accomplish in the end. You will do fine,,,I am positive on this. We as mothers, wives, daughters etc are just over achievers. I went to the grocery store today and bought food for my family (let me tell you that was a chore since I have been doing liquid for 2 weeks). I should of just let them go get it,,its not like they can't or won't. But I wanted everything perfect or somewhat when I am gone next week. God bless you and I know you will do great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 924 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1015 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 961 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1053 views