What is/was your tolerable liquid?

Kimberly D.
on 7/10/06 1:09 am - Living in and Loving, MI
I have to begin my liquid diet today and I don't think I can handle this slimfast 7 times a day Could the taste testers out there lend me some guidance on what they found tolerable during this stage? I also need advice on how to handle a business trip for five days right before my surgery! The trip was scheduled before I recieved my surgery date I don"t know if I should cancel or try and pack things to stay on the diet. Any suggestions?
Awesome Praise
on 7/10/06 2:02 am - Sun & Fun, FL
Have you tried lowfat chicken broth or beef broth? Green Tea? or any of the Protein Shakes? I don't like slimfast. I am pre op also. 7/27. I have been on liquids for the last week. ALso Slenderize fusion drinks. crystal light sf jello those are just a few Be Blessed as you continue on your journey AwesomePraise
Pubear
on 7/10/06 6:27 am
I can tell you that I have always hated smoothies, shakes, etc. I knew that my 2 week liquid diet would be horrible if I did not find a protein shake. Although, I am still hungry (July 13th is my surgery date), I was able to find a protein powder at unjury.com (you can get samples for a small amount). So far I have tried the unflavored and the chocalate flavored each with skim milk. I can actually stomach it and it doesn't smell or taste like the typical protein shakes/powders. Dee
Kimberly D.
on 7/10/06 9:26 am - Living in and Loving, MI
Thanks! Dee did I read that you tried the Isopure? How was it and how did it taste? Did you try the ready made or the poweder? I seem to be having problems with the milk based products (lactose intolerant) I have a call in to my NUT but I need to start with something. -Kim
Pubear
on 7/10/06 9:44 am
I tried the Isopure liquid, it's okay just leaves a metallic taste afterwards but it will give you 40 grams of protein per bottle. I heard that the protein powder is good but they only sell them in the large containers and I didn't want to spend any more money trying to find a protein shake that I like once I found the powder from Unjury. If you are lactose intolerant, you can also mix an unflavored protein with your broth. Just make sure the broth isn't too hot or it will clump. I know it isn't easy but we need the protein. I hope this help. Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 930 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1017 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 965 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1056 views