I'm home - 6 days out and doing fine

Pam C.
on 7/11/06 1:46 am - Mt Washington, KY
One week ago tomorrow I had Lap RNY. I went in on Wed, came home Fri night. I woke up with a tube in my nose that came out that evening along with the cathether.I have a drain tube on the left side and it should come out tomorrow. I am feeling fine today, but have had a few weepy moments since I got home, which is normal. Thanks to the people on this site, I have had alot of support and encouragement. Use this tool, it really is the best thing we have. Each other. I had a few mishaps in the hospital, but nothing major. I have small veins, so twice my IV blew out the vien and swelled up my hand majorly. Thurs night I went for a walk, came back & couldn't breathe, so they took me to ICU thinking maybe I had a blood clot, but thankfully the dr said it was probably anxiety attack. I haven't thrown up one, am on a soft mushy diet & protein shakes. I am down 15 lbs since my pre op diet last Monday. I am looking forward to the next few weeks and the next year to come.
Yvette G.
on 7/11/06 3:23 am - San Mateo, CA
So glad to hear you are doing well! Here's to a speedy recovery
Pubear
on 7/11/06 6:33 am
Congrats! I hope that your recovery is swift. Thanks for keeping us posted. Get some needed rest God Bless. Dee
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/06 8:47 am - Wartburg, TN
You're doing awesome girl!!!! Glad you are home and losing. Jaime
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 924 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1015 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 961 views
Happy 6 Years