Hey everyone-I'm starving-lol!! Anyone eles fasting??

Kelly S.
on 7/11/06 4:28 am - Mebane, NC
My date is July 24th and I'm on a liquid fast--I'm really not that hungry cause I'm drinking protein shakes-but I miss food I'm sticking to it though and being good- it's only 2 weeks out of my life right?? Just wanted to check in-it'd be nice knowing I'm not the only one feeling deprived Best wishes to everyone
Jandell
on 7/11/06 4:52 am - Glendora, CA
Your not the only one at all! The first week was very hard for me, in fact on Wed. I had a major melt down, my poor DH was so sweet, he listened and hugged me, then ran and bought some veggies I could eat and barbaqued them for me! This week is going much easier, still has it's moments, but I'm not feeling as hungry. We can do this! Janet
Kelly S.
on 7/11/06 5:04 am - Mebane, NC
Thanks for the encouragement-I'm not complaining or anything cuz I've been waiting for this for sooo long and I really want to enjoy even this aspect of "the journey" but on the other hand ----I WANT FOOD---hee hee--I may ditch the protein shake tonite and go for some yummy bullion-That's one sentence I'd never thought I'd say--They say this is supposed to get easier either at day 4 or after so I'm hoping I get some relief then---and you are soooo right we can do this!!!!! Kelly
Jandell
on 7/11/06 5:12 am - Glendora, CA
Last night my DH went and got Mexican food, he picked up meatball soup for me. I strained it and boy did it ever taste good! My Great Danes got the meatballs and thought I was the greatest for sharing. I got sick drinking chicken broth the other night, way too much salt in it. So my Mom made me a huge pot of homemade chicken broth, boy what a difference! Get creative, think of your favorite broth based soups and have them, just strain them first. I find it what I'm having at least has some good flavor I'm much happier. I highly recomend Nectar's Roadside Lemonade protein drink if you like lemonade. I got it from bariatriceating.com and I add 1 Crystal light on the go pack of lemonade to it. I could drink this everyday no problem! Janet
Kelly S.
on 7/11/06 5:20 am - Mebane, NC
Whoever would have thought I'd be salvatating (sp?) over homemade chicken broth-ha!! That sounds sooo good-ya know I have some chicken thawing at home and I was going to bake it-but forget that-you just gave me a great idea--thanks!!
Sariah B.
on 7/11/06 2:05 pm - Santa Clara, CA
hi! we are surgery date buddies! My surgeon doesnt have us go on liquid diet, but I am actually going to put myself on one (get used to them protein shakes ) Good luck with everything and keep the prize at the end of the road in mind when it seems like you cant get through... Sariah
Kelly S.
on 7/11/06 9:52 pm - Mebane, NC
Hey Sariah-Good luck with the protein shakes-I'm finally getting used to them-it really takes trying a bunch out to find the right one. I kept trying them and really wasn't that thrilled with any of them so I went to a vitamin store and spoke to a guy there and he was very realistic with me-he said none of them taste great but that some taste better than others so he actually mixed some up for me and I found the best one I could tolerate was Twin Labs strawberry-it's not wonderful but of all the ones I've tried it was the best. I have also found that as the days go on it is more and more tolerable-so maybe that's the key too-and if your starving anything is probably gonna taste good-ha! Anyhoo each day is one step closer right? Thanks for the encouragement-the big day will be here before we know it !!! Kelly
aylaboops
on 7/11/06 11:24 pm - Toronto, Canada
Wow, there are alot of us in the same boat! My surgery is on the 25th & I'm on my 3rd day of "optifast" I am not allowed ANYTHING else, no broth, no veggies etc... just the 4 shakes a day & lots of water (well I can add crystal light to the water) so I decided to make crystal light popsicles, just so I can actually chew something. It is kind of expensive here in Canada, so a friend of mine who does alot of business in the U.S. is going to bring me back some. It's almost $3 for a 2 pouch box. The optifast was $180.00 for a 2 week supply & my surgeon will not do the surgery if his patients don't follow this for 2 weeks pre-op. I am hungry!! but hopefully in the next few days it will go away. Keeping the goal in mind, it is totally worth it! I've been on a 2 &1/2 yr. waiting list, so, I can do this!!! Can't wait to run around and play with my 4 year old daughter. We lost Daddy last Aug., but I know he is watching over us... & he is very proud!! Take care, all the best to everyone!!! Hugs, Heather in Toronto
Kelly S.
on 7/11/06 11:57 pm - Mebane, NC
Wow and I thought my protein shakes were expensive at $45.00-guess I should be grateful--I'm not allowed anything but protein shakes and bullion and of course water but at least they leave the decision as to what protein shakes we can tolerate up to us--I can't believe you've had a 2 year waiting period too-Keep sucking down tha****er-I'm on my 3rd day too-We can do it!!!! Kelly here in Chapel Hill NC
aylaboops
on 7/12/06 1:09 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks Kelly, I know I shouldn't complain. After all, I don't have to pay for the surgery & I know there are many out there suffering & cannot afford the surgery. I am truly grateful that my surgery is totally covered. That is the reason for the 2 year wait. The "optifast" can't be bought in any stores, only licenced doctors can carry it. They have a web site if you are interested. www.optifast.com. Almost lunch time, can't wait, yuck. lol Yes, we can do this!!!12 days to go, yikes! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 933 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1018 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 965 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1056 views