Finally asking for help

lorr1968
on 5/28/08 3:14 am - Baltimore, MD
Hello all, well its only taken me two years to post and ask for some help. A little background. My WLS was in July of 2006, at that time my weight was 376 as of this morning it was 255. I have been as low as 243 and went back up as high as 262. Last July I had a partial Thyroidectomy which interrupted my excercise schedule and once I recovered from that I found that I did not have the energy to excercise, it started slowly with stopping the gym ( cause it was summer) and then I stopped riding my bike and walking the dogs etc etc. It got so bad that by December I went to the doctor becuase I was falling asleep at work. I had also stopped drinking fluids (pretty much entirely) and was chewing on ice like it was going out of style. I found out from my Dr. that my iron was so low that if I had waited any longer I might have needed a transfusion. Within 6 weeks I was getting my energy back, getting my eating back under control and in March of this year I decided to tackle the last 80 or so pounds with diet and excercise, so I hired a personal trainer, after a slow start I have now been consistenly working out with him for about 8 weeks, 2 hours per week with him and 3 to 5 hours per week of Cardio without him. I bought a heart rate monitor that calculates my calories burned etc., and I have been tracking what I eat. I've been using a free website called thedailtyplate.com which tells me that I should eat about 1850 calories per day in order to lose 2 pounds per week ( this is even without excercise) it then nets my calories as I add in my excercise. Since beginning this program ( 8 weeks ago) I've lost 5 pounds, I very rarely go above 11,000 per week about 1500 calories per day and my excercise usually burns about 3000 calories per week which nets me 8,000 cals per week. My Basal metabolic rate calculates at 2,650 per day or 18,550 per week, this means that I should be losing almost 3 pounds per week = 3*8 = 24 pounds to date but I've only lost 5. I'm getting very discouraged! I have noticed an increase in my stamina and my cardio workout is on a crosstrainer. 8 weeks ago I could do 15 minutes at level 1 resistance 1 now I can do 60 minutes at level 3 resistance 9 and then work out for an hour with my trainer, so I am seeing results that way, but I'm not losing any inches ( according to my jeans). Has anyone gone through this?? I'm beginning to think that I'll never be able to get the rest of the weight off. Any Ideas??
mrsk
on 6/22/08 8:46 am - somewhere in Wi, WI
Can't give you any suggestions just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I was at 377 got down to 247 and now I'm around 258-260. My life is so stressful, caring for an ailing mother-in-law, going back to school, working and life. Something had to give and unfortunatly it's my health and now my mental health is going too. I have my 2 yr appt coming up soon and I'm afraid to go. Good luck, wish you the best. M
Katrina B.
on 6/23/08 1:09 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I know that feeling. I'm scared to go to my 2 year appt. too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 905 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1004 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1040 views