regaining weight

dmviolette
on 2/4/10 1:53 pm - Saint Paul, MN
I am 3.5 years post Roux en Y. I started at 231 lbs and got as low as 118. I have regained some weight at now weigh 148. I would really like to be 125-130. I am really struggling with out of control eating. I feel like I never really learned to control my eating, just that the surgery did it for me. I am so scared of getting really overweight again. Does anyone have any ideas to help? Thanks.
Marie R.
on 3/1/10 12:56 am - Nashville, TN
i would love to get some ideas also. I have regained 25 pounds and I am feeling so out of control. I welcome any suggestions from anyone.

my lowest was 168, now I am at 198. I would like to be around 175.
Marie Rucker
preop 302/current 184/goal 170

mmaroberts
on 3/31/10 11:19 am - Somewhere in, OH
I have also gain a few pounds back.  I was down to 144 and and now at 170.  I thought that 144 was a bit much and was comfortable at 155 - 160.  I feel like I am hungry all the time.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?
hammerdown13
on 4/25/10 3:45 am
Hi. I am 7/19/2006... so 4 year anniversary of my rebirth coming up soon.  I have found that the key to maintaining a comfortable weight for you is to keep moving!  Exercise is the key to the longevity of maintaining a healthy weight and thereby a fit and health life.  Lifestyle matters!  We sure learned that when we had this little tool added to our bodies.  Eating right (remember: just because you can - doesn't mean you should) and working out with enough of a challenge and gusto to burn more calories than you take in is the true math behind weight loss or maintenance. 

I weighed 236 the day of surgery after losing 20 lbs. the month before the surgery to ease the aftershock to my body.  I am now 117 lbs. and fluctuate between 115 - 123.  I do not dwell on those numbers anymore.  It is more important for me to know that I am nourishing my body, taking my nutrients in pills or food and moving every day in some way to push my body to use fat for energy.

Heck, I love sweets just like anyone else.  I would rather go to the dessert than eat the main meal but I know that is how I got to obese in the first place.  So in moderation I enjoy everything but keep the stuff that makes ME gain weight to a minimum. 

I invested in a Vitamix blender.  I drink veggie/fruit/protein smoothies pre or post workouts.  I love crunchy stuff so I look for the healthy versions of crackers, pretzels, chips, etc. and limit the intake along with limited sodium.

I gave up all frozen dinners, healthy choice, lean cuisine and the likes.... too much stuff to make them last makes your body expand.  Instead I prepare simple meals with the least amount of excuses as to why I would rather have...... whatever is not good for me.

Finally, here is a typical day for me.  The truth!

up at 6 a.m. - to the gym  or outside run first then to the gym... run or cross-train and/or lift/tone, etc. you get the idea... for 2 hours I am into my physical body. Drink 16.9 cold water.

8-8:30 a.m. - Green smoothie with Protein Powder and vitamins with water.
shower & dress & off to work

11:30 - 12:00 noon - 1/2 whole grain pita, tortilla wrap, bagel or other carb with natural peanut butter and 1/2 banana with sprinkly of ground flax seed or wheat germ on it, 4 oz. almond milk

4 pm - 15 minutes - yoga/pilate stretching class (my firm offers these classes all day long - great company)  Drink 16.9 oz water

6-7 pm - DINNER - 4 oz protein (fish, chicken, turkey, beef, pork, tofu, eggs, shellfish)
                                   1/2 cup green leafy veggies mix & 1/4 cup brown rice with EVOO and garlic

10 pm -  SNACK - if I just can't go without it - limited to protein/calcium preferred and take my calcium with a cup of peach detox tea.

11 pm - bedtime.     (I will say that I drink 12 oz - 16 oz of iced coffee too during the day) That is an addiction... Is there a 12 step program for Dunkin Donuts??  LOL

Anyway, hope it helps.  Nicole
Peggysue
on 7/22/10 9:04 am - Fargo, ND
Hello all,
  the 20th of July was my 4 year anniversary. Im still at goal weight, always about 5 pounds fluxuating.. Doing very well. I walk in my job and walk 12 miles a day  in a hospital. I eat protein almost every meal, cause I found that meat just does not agree with me.  I attend a support group meeting faithfully every monthand thats a motivator. I would do this in a heartbeat again. I just had hip surgery 1 week ago and they told me if I had that 100 + pounds still on, it would make  recovery very difficult. I consider myself very lucky. hope to hear from all july anniversarys.
Some things are better rich.. coffee, men, chocolate
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 905 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1003 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1038 views