Hello...and good luck to everyone!

Mandie
on 10/21/05 2:20 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Hello, My name is Mandie...I had surgery on July 27, 2005. I am putting this here to welcome you towards your new journey, and to find out how far you can go in one years time. Check out my profile to see where I am now! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=R1009876098 (Or just click my name above.) I am posting this today, Friday, October 21, 2005. I have been on a plateau for about 3 weeks and it is getting old. I know this shall pass, but I am frustrated and I am trying to keep my spirits up by doing little things like this as reminders. I have lost 53 pounds since surgery and 71 since my first consultation with Doctor Pop. I thought for sure that I would be one of the ones to lose faster than others because I have started at such a higher weight than most...not true...so when you get discouraged and wonder "why me, why am I not losing, why am I stuck?" Just remember to keep drinking your water, eating protein, and exercise at least a half hour each day. Our bodies are going to do what they want WHEN they want, and they will take the time they need to regroup after each big loss. Hey afterall...I have never before lost 53 pounds in 3 months time and been able to keep it off. Sure I have fluctuated between 3-5 pounds, but never over that much in a weeks time. PLATEAUS SUCK...but it is part of the process. KEEP SMILING Mandie Feb 2005..........444 Day of surgery...426 Today..............373
Jezia
on 2/10/06 7:45 am - Duncanville, TX
Thanks for the encouragement, Mandie!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 907 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years