Ideas on how not to go crazy while waiting for July

Jezia
on 2/10/06 7:45 am - Duncanville, TX
Read every post on ObesityHelp Go to support meetings Research your doctor Research nutrition and supplements Climb the walls Try to pay attention at work Fantasize about your new wardrobe HELP, I need MORE !!!!!!!
Sharon Neva
on 2/12/06 2:14 am - SD
Read surgery pages. I have not only my WLS story, but a lot of tips and research information on my profile that might help. Sharon Read my about my WlS story and struggles (including 2 near-death complications) at: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=N1017180811&NoStatic=1
Jezia
on 2/13/06 6:05 am - Duncanville, TX
Thanks, Sharon, I will do that right NOW! ~grins~
englishlady1
on 5/17/06 5:37 am - Noblesville, IN
Jezia, Sounds like you and I are very similar in our approaches. Read everything we can get our hands on, make list after list after list and then make a list of our lists. A few things I've done in addition: 1. contacted my lawyer re: worst-case surgery scenario and my estate (spoke to my parents and spouse with both present at the same time regarding my wishes so no--hopefully--misunderstandings later) 2. purchased a digital camera to record my shrinking size when it happens 3. completed a clothes inventory (I'm good I think for at least 120# loss, but I'll need undies ) 4. focused on 1-2 year anniversaries for those who had surgeries in July 2005/2004 to think about what to expect in those time frames--in a nutshell--PROTEIN, EXERCISE, WATER, . 5. start a journal, including a list of about 60 things (and growing daily) that I want to do as/when the weight comes off. 6. joined my local wls web site (www.wlsindy.com) and began making those local contacts that are SO important. Just a few things I'm doing while I go stark-RAVING MAD waiting for 7/12/06.
Jezia
on 5/18/06 12:47 am - Duncanville, TX
Oh, you are the day after me!!! What is your name, by the way? You had some interesting suggestions; I have no estate to speak of so I don't need to talk to a lawyer, but I DO need to talk to my spouse and my religious group in regards to caretaking for my mother if anything should go wrong. She is 81 and wheelchair bound. I basically am her reason for living, and I doubt she would survive me long if anything were to happen, but I would want to make sure she is cared for and loved. A friend who had surgery lately suggested taking all the clothes out of the closet and organizing them by size, with the biggest clothes easiest to reach and the smaller ones further back in the closet. Then as the sizes go down, getting rid of the clothing that no longer fits is tangible proof of success. I think that is a GREAT idea, and will probably work on that this weekend. Meanwhile, I ordered 2 boxes of Protica Protein (I figure I can get 3 ounces down, even if I have to take it slowly, and that is 25 grams of protein); ADEK vitamins, a Tanita scale that measures body fat and water as well as weight, samples of powdered proteins, slip on shoes so I don't have to bend over to put shoes on after surgery, some Devrom and "Just A Drop" as a courtesy to friends and family Hmm let's see, what else? Put extra slats on my bed so it is firmer and will be easier to get out of post surgery . . . Got my plane tickets, passport and visa taken care of (going to Brazil for surgery) . . . bought Brazil phone cards for myself, mother, and spouse; bought some stuff at GNC that is supposed to help with surgical recovery if you start taking it a month before surgery . . . Going to local DS support group (next one is on June 8 and Dr. Husted will be there to speak, looking forward to that); still haunting the forums every day . . AND living my busy life. Work, Mom, home, religious group; going to a music festival for the first 2 weekends in June; MAYBE being flown to Mexico the week before going to Brazil to perform a wedding ceremony in the Toltec pyramids outside Mexico City .. . I'd better get my suitcase for Brazil packed NOW so I don't panic at the last moment since I have so darned much to do! Up to now it has seemed like forever until surgery, now it seems like it will be here in the blink of an eye! Many blessings to you, may your surgery be smooth and easy and your recovery quick and pain free Jezia
ladynitewolf
on 6/6/06 8:24 am - BFE, CA
Dang, Jezia! You are so much more organized than me. I've only gotten a few protein samples to try after surgery, haven't even bothered getting vitamins lined up. Better get on the train if I hope to make it in time!
Jezia
on 6/6/06 10:29 am - Duncanville, TX
Well, I had my surgery date six months in advance and I had to do SOMETHING to keep from going insane! Hugs, Jezia
miekandkhismom
on 6/2/06 5:23 am - jacksonville, AR
Thanks for the good advice. My date is July 7th and I am beginning to get anxious. Now that the kids are out of school I'm going to try and do something everyday for 3 weeks and then begin final preps.
Jezia
on 6/5/06 10:24 am - Duncanville, TX
Hi Mary, you are in Arkansas, so we are practically neighbors!!! It is coming up FAST, isn't it? I have ordered everything I could possibly need after surgery and probably a few things I will never need . . . I am down to planning what to pack, making sure family and friends have phone numbers for me in Brazil, and chewing my nails ! I'll be thinking of you Jezia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 9 years!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 907 views
Old timer
Lindaanne · 0 replies · 1006 views
Almost 7 years for us!
Diminishing Dawn · 1 replies · 951 views
Happy 6 Years
Diminishing Dawn · 0 replies · 1041 views