Displaced Lightweight , what's holding me back?

turtleof3
on 1/10/08 5:46 am - Stillwater, OK
I need my old support, but we aren't likely to jump states so I can have that. I am in Stillwater, Ok. now. Feeling like I have no support, I desperately need it. I have lost 50 lbs, but with depression , headaches and no support that I can find- I am struggling to keep my head above water. Kristin
sallyone
on 1/10/08 10:11 pm - DIberville, MS
Kristin, 50 pounds is a great accomplishment... you should be proud of yourself. Depression is a big thing that we all have to deal with, with you with no support where you are now... that is going to be something major. Have you checked the OK board to see if there are any support groups near you? HUGS Susan
Andi190827
on 1/11/08 6:33 am - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I'd defiantly check out the Oklahoma board to find some local support. I moved from (were I had my surgery) Oregon to North Carolina when I was 4.5 months out so I understand what you mean about needing that new support. Of course you know with WLS we don't just change physically but emotionally/mentally too. This is often a quick change so it is not surprising for depression and/or anxiety to enter the picture. It takes a while for our brains and emotions to catch up with what our body is going through. For some more online support there is a Lightweight board here on OH. They are wonderful supporters there! Here is a link if you haven't already visited http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/ Hang in there! And congrats on the great weight loss so far!!! Andi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 942 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views