Kinda Blue/Whinny and Amazed today... :-)

sallyone
on 1/15/08 8:08 am - DIberville, MS
Kinda Blue today.... I am a bit discouraged today with my weight loss... I know I am doing pretty good but I have been stuck around the same weight for sooooooo long it is really starting to get on my nerves. Today I am 276.0 pounds.... which I am happy about but heck I have been within 1-2 pounds of this weight for too long. Yeah I know my body needs to catch up, and I have been eatting crackers which isnt the best choice to make. As of today I have given up carbs, which I dont really eat any but crackers. When I look at the big picture, which is awesome, I am amazed at the amount of weight that I have actually lost in such a short period of time. I guess I have always been impatient and wanted everything NOW... LOL... and I do understand that the weight didnt come on at once and it isnt just gonna fall off at once either. Here is my Big Picture... share yours too and we can all feel a bit better when we hit the stalls that make us blue. Highest Weight - 405 Begining Weight - 395 Surgery Weight - 373.5 Excess Weight to Normal - 240 (150 is my normal per doc) Excess Weight to Goal - 205 (goal of 190) Weight Today - 276.0 Total Pounds Lost - 119 (GONE FOREVER) % of Excess to Normal Lost - 49% % of Excess to Goal Lost - 58% See the results are pretty amazing... I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars that I am happy and healthy and losing weight... LOL Thanks for listening to me whine... LOL Susan
H A.
on 1/15/08 11:21 am - NOR CAL, CA
I went to the gym today and the lady in the office called me back. I'm thinking crap did something go wrong with my payment. She just wanted to show me the picture I took when I started the gym in early May. OMG! it was amazing the change. I agree I have been going over my calories and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong but the reality is we just may need a breather. I don't think it hurts to try and fine tune the diet though and tighten up on the Christmas hangover But all in all you're doing great Susan. I'm right her with ya on the same stall.
sallyone
on 1/16/08 2:33 am - DIberville, MS
Thanks... Stalls are the hardest part of this journey.
Monica P.
on 1/16/08 6:58 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Not only am I somewhat stalled, I gained 5 pounds. I don't know..... But I do like the numbers I'm seeing so far. Highest Weight - 320+ I'll never really know for sure.... Surgery Weight - 312 Excess Weight to Goal - 104 (goal of 140) Weight Today - 244.0 Total Pounds Lost - 75 My trainer took this measurement when I began training: (September) Body Fat percentage: 47.5% (December) Body Fat percentage: 38.8% I'm always relunctant to say that these pounds are "gone forever". I always remind myself that I could easily find myself back at 320 lbs if I do not begin to establish healthy habits NOW.
sallyone
on 1/16/08 7:05 am - DIberville, MS
You are doing awesome... look at the Body Fat Percentages going down... WAY TO GO!!! And look how close you are to goal... 320 - 140(goal) = 180 pounds to loose 180 pounds / 76 pounds lost = 42.22% is what you have already lost till you get to goal. HOLY MOLY... you are doing awesome. And that 76 pounds are gone FOREVER!!! Congratulations Susan
H A.
on 1/16/08 10:25 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I agree with saying "gone forever" I've seen people post that have regained. I think maintenance will be something I will have to really work on. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 943 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views