My scale is being mean... :-(

sallyone
on 1/23/08 10:52 pm - DIberville, MS
Well I will admit that I am doing awesome using my tool. But my scale is not being nice. On Monday (1/21) I weighed in at 269.5 (WHOOOHOOOO!!!) but everyday after that I have gained .5 pound everyday.... so today I am 271.0. I know that weighing everyday isnt good, but heck, that is the kind of OCD person I am... LOL (shhhh... dont tell anyone I weigh before bed too, I can tell what the scale will be in the morning by that number too... LOL) What would you do, other than throwing the scale out (I actually LOVE my scale..LOL)? Maybe I just need pitty today... LOL I have no clue. Maybe I just need to know that someone understands my frustrations. Have a great day, Susan
MsGriff07
on 1/24/08 12:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trust me I understand I was kinda OCD with my scale too! Weighing in all the time 5 6 7 times a day ...so I focused on that number then I'd become obsessed if i didnt like the number......would think about it all day ...so then i said to myself Why are you doing this to yourself look how far you've come....If getting on the scale is making you mad or depressed or frustrated Stop getting on the scale! and so I stopped doing it. I weigh no more than 4 times in a week sometimes not at all ....and I feel so much better....Susan You're doing FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!.....Wean yourself off when you want to get on it do something else.... put your scale somewhere else so you won't see it so often (mine was in the living room)I moved it....You'll feel so much more at ease.....focus on where you're at and where you started ..... New year New life New you Have a Great Scaleless Day!!!!!
sallyone
on 1/24/08 12:55 am - DIberville, MS
Thanks Carla, The scale dosent "ruin" my day or anything... I just HATE seeing that number go up. I did take a poop today so maybe that was part of the problem too... LOL I am still going to weigh everyday... I love to see the numbers go down... I do only have one OFFICIAL weigh in day that I count... LOL Tuesdays. Thanks again Susan
abbiemarie
on 1/24/08 2:39 am - Crawfordville, FL
Susan, I'm also OCD and a scale ***** I weigh every day and write it down. I realized that(during my research and waiting period prior to surgery) when I gained weight , I didn't know what I weighed because I avoided the scale. Now, by weighing daily, I know exactly where I stand and can keep on top of it. Having said the above, when you weigh daily, you see the ups and downs every day. I used to get really irritated until I read one of PK's posts. It was something about not counting the pounds that you are up- Just hold on to the lowest number because you are not eating enough calories to gain weight at this point. So, if I weigh 204 this morning, but the scale says 205 tomorrow, in my mind, I still weigh 204. It has help my relationship with my scale Give it a try...Abbie
sallyone
on 1/24/08 2:46 am - DIberville, MS
thanks... LOL @ scale ***** LOL I write my weight down everyday too... LOL I think I like that... I weigh my lowest... so 269.5 it is... LOL
Monica P.
on 1/24/08 8:14 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Another scale ***** adding her two cents here.... I too was weighing in several times a day, and becoming very frustrated. I brought the scale to work and keep it in my cubicle now. When I weigh-in now I have to take it to the ladies room, completely disrobe and do all this before I eat or drink anything in the morning. This has cut down on my weigh-ins, but I still do this almost every morning. As an added bonus, my co-workers have taken up an interest in their weigh too. They sometimes borrow the scale to weigh themselves.
sallyone
on 1/25/08 9:24 pm - DIberville, MS
You are doing great you little "scale *****".... LOL I think that is the funniest name... scale ***** LOL I dont think I could have stripped down naked and weighed in at work... LOL but you still do it everyday... you go girl Thanks Susan
H A.
on 1/24/08 11:41 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I am having the same issue. I weight 208 one day then 210 then 208.5 then 209 today 208 again What is up with that? I'm not changing much on what I eat but my cardio is way down. I've only done 3x this week and I'm getting my heart rate up as high as I was. For one I'm in much better shape so I really have to work harder. I think we are in the tough part of our journey. I've got to think if we are eating about 950 calories and exercising it WILL come off sooner or later, right?
sallyone
on 1/25/08 9:25 pm - DIberville, MS
Thanks for being there with me.... it is rough isnt it. And I agree, it will come off in time... it didnt get put on us in one day and it isnt gonna come off in one day. You are doing great. Thanks Susan
Andi190827
on 1/25/08 1:50 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
I agree with Abbie. I go by my lowest weight when I go through these jumping patterns. If the scale said I weighed 172 and the next morning I was 173 I know that extra pound is either a) water weight or b) poo weight. Like Abbie said, there is no possible way we could gain weight eating under 1000 calories a day. So just go by the lowest weight. I know it can get disheartening, but hey maybe that poo you finally had today dropped you a couple of pounds and you'll be back in love with your scale in the morning! Andi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 942 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views