Today 1/30 - 6 month post up check up

kandmh
on 1/29/08 9:16 pm - Alvarado, TX
Actually my appt was yesterday, Tues ( 1/29) After a long day and a mess up with my appointment time AND Location, I made it to see Dr Kuhn's PA. She has me diwb as loosing 84 pounds. Wow, a few more pounds that I tracked, but hey... I'll take it. She is expecting that I will make it to 120-130 pounds in 6 months, possibly 12 months. That's another 40ish pounds. I weighed 170.5 at home today. Honestly, I'm sticking to MY Personal goal of 143. I'm 5'3" (yes SHORT), but I don't think I'll make it to 120 pounds. I passed that weight in probably elementary/jr high. Only time will tell!!! I had all my labs done, so we'll see in a couple of weeks what the results are. Wow, what a journey that seems to have been years ago, was only six short months ago. What an amazing adventure it's been so far!! So very happy with my decision to move forward!!! Here's to sagging skin - Bring it on!!!
H A.
on 1/29/08 11:48 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Congrats on the 84 pounds. On a 5' 3" that was a lot of weight to carry around. I have a 9 year old that is around that weight. I picked him up and tried to carry him for a distance and was hard. My suggestion is to find a big kid and lift him and you will be amazed on what you were carrying around. I think you could do 120-130, but I think it's important to be happy where you are and what you have achieved. My doctor never set a number but wants me to get to a goal weight that I can maintain. Not by 4 hours of exercise a day but something doable for a woman my age and with kids, a home and other stuff to do besides exercise. So you are already a success, but let's push to the goal. Bring it sista! Heidi
Andi190827
on 1/31/08 2:36 pm - Fort Leavenworth, KS
Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!!
kandmh
on 1/31/08 2:54 pm - Alvarado, TX
Thanks ladies for your encouragment!! I would be ELATED to get to the 120's. well actually I'd be thrilled if I could make it so 160's!! Seems to be a huge hump for me. But we just got a horse!! And man, I forgot what a workout that was! So I'm really optimistic by my new CHORES of lifting water buckets, hay, feed, saddles and just the act of riding and what it will do for my weight loss. I used to rodeo in high school and went to college on a rodeo scholarship. It totally got out of horses, but now that my kids are showing an interest we've just bought a horse. Although my oldest (3 yrs old) is showing an interest his attention span is all of about 20 minutes of riding and he's done. So I get to ride a good bit. I'm so excited about getting back in the saddle again. Literally, there was a point I couldn't fit into my old saddle.... BUT I CAN NOW thanks to my WLS!!! Thanks again for all your support and I COULD NOT DO this without all your encouragement!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 943 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views