HELP!!!!

madisonsmom
on 4/23/08 6:09 am - Paris, TX
RNY on 07/13/07 with
This is my first time to post. I am having a big problem with emotions all of a sudden. I find myself sabotaging my weight loss. I am feeling those old feelings creeping back up on me, making me want to eat things that I should not. I am very scared of not getting to my goal, but it seems the more nervous I get, the more I want to grab a handful of chips.....I have lost 120lbs so far, and would like to lose atleast 50 more. Any advice would be helpful.... Thanks, Tammy
Tajuana
on 4/23/08 11:40 am - Richland, MS
Hi Tammy, Well I've already fallen and now I'm trying to find a way to fight my emotions and get back on track.... I lost so much weight so quickly then all of a sudden it stopped I lost about 90 lbs with about 60 more to go and I went crazy and started eating again. Now I can eat a lot more than I should be able to. All I can say to you is DON'T DO IT the feeling I had when I lost weight was so much better than the momentary goodness I feel when I eat but I just can't stop and I hate myself for it. Fight with any hope you have of loosing it all , put a picture up of what you want to look like or an outfit you really want..... I've got to do something to turn back and get on track again I hope for you that you don't go down the same road I'm on I guess you can say I'm a gastric bypass failure. You are so close to your goal don't blow it now I've already put back on 10 lbs that I had lost and I feel miserable. I hope that I have encouraged you enough to realize that those bag of chips may sound good but they are going to make you feel sooooo BAD
madisonsmom
on 4/23/08 11:33 pm - Paris, TX
RNY on 07/13/07 with
Thanks for your reply. You let me know that I am not the only one struggling. So many people say that this surgery is the easy way out, BUT IT IS NOT!!!! Yes, it restricts how much you can eat, but it does not work on your mind!! I really did good at first, did everything that I was supposed to. Then, my husband had RNY in December, and now he is loosing all the weight fast. Am I jealous? Maybe so, I don't know. I am very proud for my husband, he feels better than he has in years. I am taking one day at a time, I know that I never want to be 364lbs again. I want to weigh 200lbs. I am at 244-246 right now, so close, but seems so far away. We deserve to be happy, so why are we letting this food issue get to us? Thanks again for your words of encouragement. I appreciate them greatly. Tammy
Monica P.
on 4/24/08 3:12 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Hi Tammy! I'm so glad you posted, sometimes all it takes it talking about what's going on to get a better perspective. I've lost about 88 pounds and have another 80 to go. Seems like my weight loss has slowed too, but from what I've been reading this seems to be normal. Still, everytime I get on the scale it's a discouraging experience when the number has not changed. I still have the urge to eat sweets and carbs (I love crackers!) I don't buy them. I don't buy a full box of crackers to keep in the house. When I get the craving I might buy a single serving bag...still it's not good for me but at least I'm minimizing the damage. Another thing I discovered was that my hormones had gone haywire since losing so much weight. I started birth control last month and there has been a noticeable difference for me. I've been lucky to have never really had problems with PMS, but since WLS surgery I was depressed, anti-social, crying at the drop-of-a-hat. I found great comfort in knowing it wasn't "me" it was my hormones. The remainder of your weight will come off, it might not come off as quickly as it did before..but this is the time where you really have to focus on being a good WLS patient. Go to a support group, talk to other WLS patients and post here......that's what we're here for - to help each other!!
cycobusdriver E.
on 4/28/08 8:02 pm - ME
I think alot of us have all been there, I dont think your sabotaging your weight loss. your just trying different things to see if they agree with you. That is what I tell myself when I am trying things I know I should not. I love chips always have and this weekend I paid the price for those chips.. I gained 2lbs. I have tried other things too. I just try not to have them around me i tell my hubby to take the chips with him. the worst time of the day for me is evening. I start snacking looking around see what i can grab. I keep fruit in house, apple sause, cheese. Dont beat yourself up just get back on track. you know what to do. I tell myself I tried it i like it dont eat it again. I am very lactose. I wish the protein drinks filled me up but they dont. I do them but i dont get full. I know i can eat more than I should so I keep track in my head about how many calories i have. I should write it down. The Nutrish told me I can have 1800 calories a day to maintain 156.5,, to lose eat 1400. Please dont beat yourself up. just come talk with us Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 943 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views