So, whose starting to think and inquire about plastic surgery??

Nanette B.
on 5/21/08 4:36 am - Allen, TX
I know I am!! I look like a cross between a deflated balloon and a Sharpei puppy!! I guess my worst areas (at least in my mind) are my stomach, arms, and inner thighs. My butt is small, but it could use a lift and my breasts...well, they certainly need a lift!! They have also lost a lot of volume, so I am uncertain about the need for an implant. I haven't gone to a consult yet, but I find myself spending more and more time on the plasitcs message board looking at pictures and also looking at the websites of doctors in my area at their before and after pics. For some reason, I am more scared about plastics than I was for my RNY surgery! I still need to lose another 30 pounds (I've lost 102) and I am not even a year out, but somehow I am gonna have to get some surgery!! I hate my new body. I can literally see how much smaller I would be without all the skin. I know I have at least 10 pounds of extra skin all over. What are your thoughts about plastics and how long are you gonna wait? Do you think you really need it to feel complete or do you just want it? I think I NEED it!! Can't wait to hear from you all... Nanette
cycobusdriver E.
on 5/21/08 6:47 am - ME
I am going to wait for 2 years and see what happens..I have some extra but not alot but I said if in 2 years I dont like the way something looks I will have it changed,, I had a breast reductions in 2002 I havent liked the looks of those since i had it done, But really glad I got rid of them 6lbs of my breast..they would be down t my ankles by now if i still had them,, I think my stomach and inner thighs might need it. I do have to say so my self in cloths I look great..with out cloths well hubby dont complain. but what guy would. we are our worse critic.. I dont smoke or drink son all grown up not grand kids so after 2 year I will start checking into it, But for right now I am enjoyiing pple say I look Sexy.. I even got hit on by a 19 year old,, he must of been blind.....
Amy_in_MA
on 5/21/08 6:52 am - Danvers, MA
If I wasn't so afraid of plastics, I'd be having my boobs and tummy done. They both look deflated and like a Sharpei, yup.
Lori Black
on 5/22/08 7:29 am - , IN
You sooo shouldn't be afraid of plastics, Amy! I'm 13 days out from my extended tummy tuck and I'm thrilled with my results! I'm feeling awesome to be quite honest. The pain is much less than my open DS was, the first 3 days sucked, and it's been smooth sailing since then. My drains are out, and I'm even off of pain meds already. Lori
Amy_in_MA
on 5/22/08 10:32 am - Danvers, MA
Well, there's also the little glitch of how to pay for it, and who will take care of me and my child while I recover...because from what I gather, I will definitely need help and that's something that is very, very hard to come by.
H A.
on 5/22/08 12:14 am - NOR CAL, CA
I think about it. I just don't have to the time from work to take 6 weeks off + money. I have told myself to wait one more year to see what happens to my skin. I've heard people say that the skin does snap back a little bit. So my fingers are crossed.
sallyone
on 5/22/08 7:15 am - DIberville, MS
After loosing 160+ pounds I know I NEED plastics. My boobs are almost to my belly button (arrgghh) I bet I could throw them over my shoulder if I really wanted to. My stomache is hanging low and my poor inner thighs look so sad... the fat is hanging around my knees...LOL I wish they could just pull from my shoulder and lift everything up. I know that I cant afford plastics, so I am not sure what I will do. I have about 40 more pounds to get to goal but I feel like I have 30 pounds of skin that can be cut off too. If anyone knows how to get good plastics cheap let me know. Susan
Lori Black
on 5/22/08 7:26 am - , IN
I'm 13 days out from my extended tummy tuck.....so, yeah, I guess I have been thinking about plastics! Lol! It happened like a whirlwind, really! Had a hernia, it almost obstructed, and then three weeks later, I was in for my repair and tummy tuck! Crazy fast, totally worth it, and I highly recommend it! I have my befores and one week out pics on my profile if you'd like to see. Lori
greenthumb
on 5/23/08 12:16 am - CA
Nanette, I'd do it in a heartbeat BUT money is an issue. I had to quit my job this year because I was needed at home, so much for my plastics fund! If money weren't an issue I'd do the following: Chin Inner thigh Arms Butt lift Tummy Tuck In that order! I want the areas that are exposed done first! I can hide my tummy not my arms! I was in tears last night over this stuff. I know it's PMS.. Cause you'd think that being in a size 6 would be enough, but this darn skin is the pitts! Good luck to everyone, Paula
Stephanie G.
on 5/24/08 8:30 am - Rowlett, TX
Hey sweetie, long time no see!! I never come to this board but just flippped over here today and here you are. I'm definately looking at having plastics. I think I'm going to schedule my consult in the next few weeks. I'm planning on either Nov or Jan. I'm still 15 lbs from goal and it's moving ever so slowly but I want an honest opinion from a PS so I can start planning. Most recommend you be about 18 months post-op and have a stable weight for several months pre-plastics. I'm planning on a TT and BL with possible implants depending on how much breast tissue he thinks I have left. I have NO money so I'm just gonna borrow it from my 401K and pay myself back over the next few years. I'm probably gonna use Dr Byrne in Rockwall. He has a great reputation and I think he's pretty reasonable. Anyway, love ya, miss ya, hopefully will see ya soon. Steph
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 630 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1390 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 943 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 810 views