PANIC

THENEWLAURA
on 1/8/09 9:53 pm - Katy, TX
I went to a support group last night and some people told me that the Honeymoon  phase would soon be over for me. I guess I left feeling more worried than excited about the meeting. I am grateful that everyone wanted to prepare me for the future, but it really scares me. I was told that I will begin to get more and more hungry as time went on. I DON'T WANT TO START UP ANY OLD BAD EATING HABITS!! I AM TERRIFIED ABOUT GAINING ANY WEIGHT BACK.

Last night I panicked and kind of got depressed about it. I woke up this morning and my mind is more clear. They were just looking after my best interest. THEY HAVE BEEN EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE NOW. They just wanted to get me in that mind set to know that this is normal and to just be aware of what is happening.

I am so determined to stay on track, so maybe the honesty from the meeting was exactly what I needed to hear.

Laura

Laura

Surgery:275/Current:146/Goal:145
I love this quote from Woody Allen...........

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens".
mac1
on 1/9/09 5:46 am - Christiansburg, VA
I thought the "honeymoon" phase lasted a year!  I'm kinda worried too then.  I still have 45 pounds to goal.  I've even heard that you can still lose up to 2 years out.  Do you think they are just talking about a slow down in weight loss?  I still can't eat very much, can  you?  Some days are better than others, but I probably average 700-800 calories a day, sometimes less.

HW 265/CW 127/GW 130  4/1/10

HW 265/CW 141/GW 125  6/22/11

Extended TT 2/10/10

THENEWLAURA
on 1/11/09 10:52 pm - Katy, TX
I am sorry I did not mean to scare you. I think you are correct because I lost another 2 pounds this week. I still cannot each much either. I am eating more than the first few months but under 1000 calories a day. I am sure we are fine, I just panicked.

Laura

lizbeth201
on 3/2/09 3:44 am
yikes...I am only six weeks out and enjoying the drastic weight loss...I don't ever want an end to come!!
THENEWLAURA
on 3/2/09 3:51 am - Katy, TX

From what I am learning, as long as you stay on track and not add the white stuff (bread, pasta, rice) we should be ok. I think that some people get off track and go back to the old way of eating. Then they start packing on the pounds again.

I have been loosing weight and I stay on track. I guess we just need to keep it going!

Laura

Magyargal
on 7/18/09 3:36 am
Hi Laura,
       No it's not. You will lose slower for sure. But Just make sure to stay away from carbonated drinks!!  You don't want stretch your pouch! It is not worth the chance. Soda is your worst enemy!! And bad carbs!! It can lead to your down fall..Just be wise in your choices, and don't let yourself be tempted even for one bad thing to eat or drink. Believe me I know what I'm talking about. 
      I had WLS over 17 years ago. I was the only one in my group of 50 people who kept almost all of my weight off for 14 years! Then like an idiot I starting having a soda once a month! Then once a week,  BAD CHOICE! After about 8-10 months, I started getting one free refill... only once in a while. That too was a very BAD CHOICE TOO!!!  Which I paid for dearly. I gained 30-33 pounds.. I could not get it off! And I became a diabetic on top of it!!  
    Needless to say, I had to have a revision...I call it the surgery from HELL! 2 weeks in the hospital! A feeding tube for 8 weeks.. What more do I need to say???
As long as you really stick to the plan you'll do fine. Don't listen to others who say oh this ok to eat or drink and that is ok!! Because they don't give a crap about you if they do say that...
     Take care, you are doing a great job! Just keep everything you eat and drink on target with your your surgeon and program!  Alizka    

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
THREE YEARS!!
THENEWLAURA · 1 replies · 1636 views
Anniversary
Ms TJ P. · 1 replies · 741 views
Today is my 2 year Rebirth date
Renee W. · 1 replies · 860 views
TWO YEARS DOWN!
THENEWLAURA · 0 replies · 777 views
Coming up on 2 years out.
Mandy_ · 2 replies · 755 views