Recent Posts

lea2be
on 7/22/10 12:35 am - LaBelle, FL
Topic: RE: MAJOR Weight Gain
Yeah, it is very much an individual decision and the only one who gets a vote is the one living in the body!  I hate that it makes pants fit poorly.  I really hate the gapped waists!  Some of that is hip, but much of it is having to having to have about 2 sizes larger because of the belly flab...

I'm in southern FL, near Fort Myers on the Gulf of Mexico...
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

Carol G.
on 7/21/10 1:04 pm - Ahwahnee, CA
Topic: RE: paniculectomy
Judy ~ I just found your post.  How did your tummy tuck go?  Are you feeling good?  Did you heal up nicely?  I'm thinking of having it done to decrease my back pain and so I don't have to stuff the loose fat into my pants to get them on.  Please let me know how you are doing and also tell me about the procedure.  Even the bad stuff.......You don't know me, but that's ok we can still be friends...LOL  I'm Carol BTW.......
Carol G.
on 7/21/10 12:57 pm - Ahwahnee, CA
Topic: RE: LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
Exactly!  Where is everyone!  Hello????
Carol G.
on 7/21/10 12:55 pm - Ahwahnee, CA
I can understand that, plus it's a very painful surgery from what I understand.  I saw a doctor once about something else I can't remember what and then I asked him about a tummy tuck and he said I really didn't need one.  Now as far as I can tell, he's not the one stuffing the loose fat into my jeans...ROFL.  Seriously though, that's what it feels like sometimes.  I like my pants tight and I literally have to stuff it in.......Where do you live?  I'm in California up by Yosemite National Park?
lea2be
on 7/21/10 5:42 am - LaBelle, FL
I wish I could do something about the tummy too.  I do have medical insurance.  I may look in to whether they'd cover it and start thinking about when I could have it done.  As a teacher it is hard to plan surgery/recovery time as you have so few opportunities to take several days off without losing pay.  Maybe over Christmas break....  

Lovin' Life with Lea

Carol G.
on 7/21/10 4:26 am - Ahwahnee, CA
See - that is way cool.  You are doing really well.  And you look great.  I could never figure out how to get a picture posted on here and now I don't have a current picture anyway, just the one when I was 160 or so lbs. I had a yard sale this past weekend and went through some old clothes from a few years ago.  Size 8 and 10 jeans.  WOW, do they ever look small.  I still can't believe that I fit in those.  Of course I didn't have a butt at all.  It was completely flat.  I would be happy if I lost about 25 lbs.  I also wonder if it would help my back if I had my tummy removed.  You know the hangy stuff.  It's not horribly bad, but sure would be nice.  My arms could knock someone out if they got too close, but you know what I don't care.  This year is the first year that I have worm sleeveless shirts all summer long and I figure if people don't like to see my fat arms, they don't have to look at me.  They were really wrinkly and sagging at the lower weight, now they aren't as wrinkly, but still sag big time.  I've always had heavy legs my whole life.  I can't wear shorts, never have been able to.  I do actually around the house, but not out in public.  Even when I was at the 160 mark in pants my legs looked good, but under those pants YIKES!!!!  Really wrinkly.....Oh well, we got what we got and who cares what it looks like right????????
lea2be
on 7/20/10 2:37 am - LaBelle, FL
Thanks Carol!  I feel the same way--that perhaps this is where my body is meant to be.  One thing that keeps coming to me is the fact that I am still 50 pounds lighter than I was when I graduated from high school 25 years ago.  They had our 25 year reunion this past weekend.  I did not get to go (though I live here in town again now), but I was looking at pics from it and thinking about how much weight many of them have gained while I am 50 pounds down from then and almost 200 lighter than the last time we had a reunion in 2005!
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Carol G.
on 7/20/10 2:15 am - Ahwahnee, CA
Lea - You have done so well.  That little 20 lbs. over so many years is nothing.  I started at like 360? and got down to 160.  To thin for my frame.  I looked bad.  I liked the bottom half of me, because I tend to me bottom heavy anyway, so I liked how I looked in jeans, but on top, my arms were stick thin and bones sticking out all over my chest.  Anyway, I do have degernative disc disease as well as spinal stenosis from my neck all the way down.  I have been pretty active since I first posted this message and have stayed around 235.  I gain a few lbs. and then I lose it again.  There are still those days when I can't get out of bed.  I would have thought that with all the extra exercise that I would have started losing, but it didn't happen.  I don't really eat much.  Most days it's around 4:00 p.m. and I'm wondering why my energy level is so low and then I realize that I haven't eaten anything all day long.  Maybe I'm just supposed to be at this weight.  I have no idea.

But you my friend, look wonderful.  You have done a great job.  You should be soo proud of yourself.

Hugs and Lots of Love,
*Carol*
lea2be
on 7/19/10 7:44 am - LaBelle, FL
Topic: LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
Well, well, well.....  Here we all are on the brink of our 4th surgiversary.....  How is everyone doing??  Where are you all at??  We hardly ever post here anymore! 

I know that I am now back to working a full time job after years of not being able to do so.  I went back to work in Sept 2008, just past my 2 year surgiversary.  I'm so busy these days I forget to stop and breathe sometimes!  LOL  What about you guys and gals???
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

lea2be
on 7/19/10 7:42 am - LaBelle, FL
I have experienced some regain, but it is only about 20 pounds total from my lowest weight.  And, I know that I have 20+ pounds of excess skin as well.  I started at 410 though, so the 220 or so that I average these days is like a totally different person than 410 was, so no one knows I have regained but me...

I, too, deal with arthritis issues that make exercise difficult.  I have bone-on-bone knees and degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine.  Sure complicates things on the exercise front!  But, I do what I can, when I can.  And, I take my vitamins--EVERY day.  And, I get my protein in---EVERY day, though not from protein powder but rather from food sources.

I think that this weight is where my body and metabolism met and shook hands.  Even when I have several active days joined with good eating on those days, I will not see a drop in weight.  As a matter of fact, about the only time I see changes lately is the water weight I gain before and lose after my period!  It is stressful when you know you are doing what you are supposed to, but don't see any loss as a result.

I think it is great that some of us are posting again!!  Let's keep it up!!

Lovin' Life with Lea

Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 681 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 745 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 810 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 939 views