Recent Posts

nickilin
on 1/5/14 11:26 pm
Topic: Fills

I haven't been on here in forever!  I was banded in Mexico August 2007 and have always had fills etc here locally.  I found out on Thursday that the office I have been going to for the last couple years is no longer doing fills.  My insurance does not cover anything g bariatric so it's all out of pocket.  Does anyone go to or know of anywhere I can go?  Thank you!

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/8/13 4:34 am - IN
Topic: RE: 5 years out..today

good job! 

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
frazier
on 8/17/12 8:45 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: 5 years..feel great!
Nice to see some still posting! Gained a little but now maintaining so I'm still VERY happy with the results.
MELISSA52879
on 8/17/12 11:43 am - Louisville, KY
Topic: 5 years ago- Change my life!!
It has been 5 years since I had my lapband! I have been very happy with my band! I lost 150 lbs. I have kept it off. I even had a baby last year. If I can do this anyone can.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IN MY WILDEST DREAMS THAT.......I DID IT!!!!!!

1hipmom
on 8/14/12 10:27 am - Prattville, AL
Topic: 5 years out..today
Averaging 135-137...doing great.

291/289/135/145
high/dos/cur/goal     Made goal at 1 year and 1 week.
137 puts me at a normal BMI..Yippee

Julie L.
on 3/4/12 9:49 am - Stillwater, MN
Topic: RE: how is everyone doing?
I struggle as well however, we were told that we need to work with our new tool and no one is perfect. Continue to work toward your goal and try to incorporate good behavior and you will succeed, you're much healthier now than you were before your surgery!!

leeleeo
on 3/31/11 12:09 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: how is everyone doing?
 Hey Fran,  Glad to hear you are doing well!  I feel like all I do is eat.  I struggle to get more than 600-700 calories some days.  I have a lapband so it is a little different, but I'm still not eating enough.  I'm just never hungry!  Like you, I'm guilty of drinking with my meals sometimes.  I try to limit it when I do.  It is really hard when everyone else is drinking around you and you can't have anything.  Almost like they are mocking you!  :)

I am still trying to reach my origional goal.  I took a little over a year off from weight loss two years ago when I had my daughter.  I only gained like 13 pounds while pregnant but found that I had trouble feeding her due to not eating enough.  I had to up my calories and gain some weight for her.  I'm back on track and so close to my doctor's three year goal.  (even though it's going to be 4 years I will consider it on time to keep me sane!)  I have 17 pounds left and until August to lose them..  No problem!!  I have a personal goal that is lower than the doctor's goal, but I'll work on reaching his first.  

So far I'm made it down from a VERY tight size 28 pants to a size 14 jeans.  My shirts are a large usually --much better than the 3x they were!  I love to run and walk.  

I'm just staring the journey for trying to get insurance to pay for monopolist.  I have my first doctor's appointment today for a little irritation.  

Since you posted this in Feb, I'm assuming you already had your surgery... how did it go??

-=lee=-

At goal!
lost 155 lbs, go me!
frazier
on 2/14/11 11:00 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Topic: how is everyone doing?
Hi All,

I hope everyone is ok.  I am doing well. Still struggling to maintain weight loss. I decided to come back here today to try to get back to where I was a year ago.  Lowest weight was 145 now I'm at 168 and want to get back to 150.I'm back here to get back to basics.  I don't dump much so I eat too much sugar and sometimes I do drink with my meals.   No pop but I do drink a lot more coffee.
I feel like I eat all the time and it has nothing to do with real hunger.  I know some weight gain is "normal" but if I don't change I know it won't stop. I am going for abdominoplasty and breast lift next month. 

Looking forward to hearing how the other Aug 2007 losers are doing.

Fran
1hipmom
on 12/19/10 5:05 am - Prattville, AL
Topic: RE: 3rd Year Surgiversary - August 10, 2007
I was 291 today i am 130ish....I lost more than I weigh....I fluctuate bu****ch what I eat and try hard to keep the weight fromc creeping back up.

291/289/135/145
high/dos/cur/goal     Made goal at 1 year and 1 week.
137 puts me at a normal BMI..Yippee

terryrow61
on 8/16/10 11:31 am - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: RE: 3rd Year Surgiversary - August 10, 2007
I am up a couple of lbs from my lowest weight, but generally stay within 5 lbs either way.  It is more difficult than everyone thinks it is to maintain a lifestyle that keeps us on track and on our amazing wls journey. Everyone is doing well.  Wishing you contiued success.
Terry
              ObesityHelp Support Group Leader

It sure is good C'ING LESS OF ME!

We could learn a lot from crayons: 
some are sharp, some are pretty, 
some are dull, some have weird names, 
& all are different colors....but they

ALL exist very nicely in the same box.

(Author Unknown)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills