Surgery Date 8/18/2010

drddi
on 8/5/10 12:50 pm
Hi everybody!  I'm ready for August 18th at Emory-Midtown Hospital, Atlanta Georgia; 1:00 P.M. surgery time.
Any beforehand tips would be appreciated.
I'm trying to get rid of 10lbs before and it is a battle. the protein drinks are terrible, any other ideas? I need an "ANGEL"  can anyone give me
that support??  I am 272 and my goal is 175 as long as it takes.
Diabetes.BP, sleep apnea, cholesterol, have taken over my life,
I have had enough, so here goes!! 
Thanks-----------------

Dr. D.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/10 11:54 am
Hey drddi:
just want you to know that i am having surgery August 18th also. Nice to know that someone else will be having wls too on that day. I will be praying for a safe and quick recovery. as we start our new life. Dorothy
drddi
on 8/6/10 12:09 pm
Thanks Dorothy; we need all the support we can get right? where is your surgery??
Lets keep in touch.
Dr D
Ruth Vandenderen
on 8/6/10 4:50 pm - Gresham, OR
I am also having my surgery Aug 18th.  My surgery is at OHSU in Portland, OR.

Sheila G.
on 8/7/10 10:32 am - Dallas, GA
Hi Charles,
My name is Sheila and I live in Dallas, Ga. I will be having the RNY on Aug 23 in Rome, Ga. I was told to use fat free milk in them otherwise they taste like cardboard. I'm suppose to start them on Tuesday the 10 when I go to my pre-op.
I know you are going to do well....just think in the year following how sweet your journey into your new life is going to be. I am looking so forward to that. I'm including you in my prayers.  And would like to here from you. Your going to a great hospital and you trust your Dr...so the rest is in God's hands....and that's how I know your gonna be fine!!!!

You can do it!!!! I have faith in you.....

Sheila
drddi
on 8/8/10 9:39 am
Hi Sheila; I am not sure you wrote to the right person; my name is Dr. Dwight my surgery is 6/18
in Atlanta at Emory Midtown, looking forward to getting past all of the surgical procedures; and getting down to where I need to be weight wise-----------Faith will see me through! I preach it all the time as I have been a Methodist Minister for 39 years. Prayer works.
I'll be praying for you as well.
Blessings!
Dr. Dwight
Lionetta
on 8/7/10 2:52 pm - AZ
I'm having the sleeve done in Tucson, AZ on the 18th and on the pre-op diet right now. I WILL make it! Aren't you excited, too? Good luck and hope yours goes really well! 

Hugs!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

drddi
on 8/8/10 9:17 am
Great hearing from you! yes I am excited and what this over yesterday. it will be a big change, but I'm ready. Please stay in touch and lots of Hugs to you as well.
Dr D------------------------Blessings
Edde1963
on 8/15/10 2:57 pm - Newcastle, OK
I am having my surgery on 18th as well....and I still have 5 lbs to go...it is so hard, but I'm looking forward to a new life and new adventure I am having the gastric bypass in Edmond , Oklahoma...I would appreciate tips before and after as well. !!!!

Thanks, Edde
Most Active
Recent Topics